What about AURIA PRO???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Base16
Expert

Re: What about AURIA PRO???

Post by Base16 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:17 pm

That distinct possibility has crossed my mind. I could certainly be wrong...but Apple has been known to acquire good software when they want to corner a winning market. Who else gets a closer look at apps than they do when approving. Yes, I could be way off...but then again, they might just be licking their chops at Auria. The mods sure have been kinda quiet around here lately.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:32 am

That would be a nice payday for Rim. But you'd think Apple already has Garage Band, and Logic which they could conceivably port/or redo, as Cubasis did Cubase. So not sure if it makes sense. But it just has to make sense to someone who can sign the cheques. :mrgreen:

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:39 am

Apple already has ported Logic to iOS, as Garageband is essentially Logic with a dumbed down UI :lol:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:02 am

Camelled, I like it ;) No, we haven't gotten bought by anyone. I'm just busy coding...

Rim

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:04 am

Well I, for one, am pleased you've not sold out. My daughter reckons Minecraft is on a high speed train to rubbishness since Microsoft bought it out! :o :lol:

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:10 am

You know, it might have been a much better move to release Auria Pro without the sampler, and then add the sampler in a future update. It could even be an IAP, I'd be willing to pay for it at least.

At this rate Auria Pro is going to be released six months later than was announced. I realise this is hardly the end of the world, but it's not great marketing.

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Hindsight is always 20/20. Given the quality of the first version of Auria, I'm fine giving them slack for the delay, lots of it.
Last edited by miguelmarcos on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Look for Auria Pro to go into beta shortly after the announcement of the iPad Pro, iPhone6S, and iOS9 on September 9. Look for Auria Pro to fully utilize the power and features of the iPad Pro as well.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:00 pm

actualproof wrote:Look for Auria Pro to go into beta shortly after the announcement of the iPad Pro, iPhone6S, and iOS9 on September 9. Look for Auria Pro to fully utilize the power and features of the iPad Pro as well.
iPads are usually announced in October, a month after the phones. Also even if the iPad Pro is real I can guarantee you that WaveMachineLabs know nothing about it, and are not developing specially for it.

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:33 pm

richardyot wrote:
actualproof wrote:Look for Auria Pro to go into beta shortly after the announcement of the iPad Pro, iPhone6S, and iOS9 on September 9. Look for Auria Pro to fully utilize the power and features of the iPad Pro as well.
iPads are usually announced in October, a month after the phones. Also even if the iPad Pro is real I can guarantee you that WaveMachineLabs know nothing about it, and are not developing specially for it.

What kind of guarantee are you offering? Left testicle?

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Apple is not much for sharing stuff like that head of time. New products do not leave the secret lab until the actual date.

Audiogus

Post by Audiogus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 pm

I was thinking earlier today that it makes sense to not fully release it before ios9... Please feel free to soft launch it in Canada. 8)

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Waiting for iOS9 would be waiting for the next year at least to have a reliable version - I'm taking from a workflow point of view, workflow that requires that not only Auria works reliably, but that it works reliably with other apps (e.g.: Audiobus) and also that those apps work reliably by themselves.

Audiogus

Post by Audiogus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:34 am

Yes, I do agree as an end user wanting a stable environment involving many apps however thinking as a developer I would likely focus my efforts on bug fixes and updates for what will be the most relevant OS. Why release it now and get a disproportionate amount of ios8 feedback? Just seems like waiting for 9 would be easier on prioritizing the old mental inbox.

Yahyahyah
Expert

Post by Yahyahyah » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Rim, if you need some one to help put comments in the code, to speed things along a bit, I'm more than happy to help. I've also been told I'm very good at initialising variables and garbage collection. :)