Zoom H6

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Auratech
Expert

Re: Zoom H6

Post by Auratech » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:34 pm

that's it
zoom-ipad.jpg
My rover Studio: iPad Air2-64Gb, Auria, Zoom H6, 2xRode Nt1, 2x Rode Nt55,
DT-770PRO, XMS-disc-(Jecklin), Ruinvo-panasonic USB Power pack,
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

JordanK

Post by JordanK » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Just want to confirm that the H6 DOES work with the ipad mini retina with absolutely no issues multitracking at 96khz. Bought it today and it's working perfectly. To try it out I used a few old AA's I had lying around and have absolutley no battery problems as others have stated somehwere in this forum. Super-psyched to start my new project!

JordanK

Post by JordanK » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Auratech wrote:that's it
zoom-ipad.jpg

Thanks! Sorry, missed your post...jumped the gun and bought the H6 today so I discovered it first-hand. But thanks anyway! Amazing/powerful little setup!

Auratech
Expert

Post by Auratech » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Tested Auria Pro and Zoom H6 multichannel recording for weekend classical recording session.
2 hours 6 channel recording works fine and stable.
Seems real pro! :)

ThX RIM!
My rover Studio: iPad Air2-64Gb, Auria, Zoom H6, 2xRode Nt1, 2x Rode Nt55,
DT-770PRO, XMS-disc-(Jecklin), Ruinvo-panasonic USB Power pack,
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

MicciHay
Expert

Post by MicciHay » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:01 am

I purchased H6 almost two years ago in Japan. Yes, it can be used as an audio interface to iPad, which I actually experienced.

My impression is it good (even perfect) if you use this as a mobile stereo/multitrack recorder. But maybe mediocre if you use this as an audio interface. If your purpose is only that, it would be better to chose regular iOS compatible audio (and MIDI) interface, which actually is my choice.

Just for your reference, I understand the H6 works virtually 5 tracks, since there is basically 1 to 4 tracks and L/R track. L/R track simply work as stereo single track. If you want to record lined L/R source, you need to purchase a specific additional attachment basically (there is the way to do it without such attachment but it takes a little bit of procedures). Please note all of these are what I understand, which I cannot be responsible for. Maybe asking Zoom is the best solution.