WOW2 not working properly on mixdown

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

crouchie
Expert

WOW2 not working properly on mixdown

Post by crouchie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 am

Hello there. I'm a new user and a novice so forgive me, but I'm having an issue when mixing down tracks using the WOW2 plugin. I've copied the email I sent to Sugar Bytes below:

"I'm running WOW2 as plugin in Auria full edition for iPad, on a mini retina. I have Turnado, Volcano 2 and Saturn all running fine. I have tried reinstalling WOW2 after a wipe of Auria whilst trying to resolve this problem

The issue is that I can apply a WOW2 preset in Auria and it sounds great, no problem. However when I mix down, WOW2 filters are static, they lose the inbuilt modulation. For example I was using 'I saw u stutter' in the presets and it was great, but the mix down lost the stutter effect completely but the sound was still altered (so WOW2 is still active on the channel but not fully). I have tried mixing down in all the different formats, I have tried running and mixing down with read automation on, and with read and write automation on (and all off). I have tried WOW2 in all the different insert slots. I have tried it in my whole track and on single track tests. Whatever I do I just can't get the modulation active in the mix down, only when playing the project in Auria.

I did manage to get it done by routing the track through Audiobus and recording the output into another audio track, but that seems so cumbersome!

Do you have any advice/solutions for this?"

As I say I sent this to SB and they replied that you were aware of the problem and were preparing a fix. Is that true?

Thanks v much for your help

Rim
Site Admin

Re: WOW2 not working properly on mixdown

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 pm

I do have this issue on my list to investigate, but haven't had time to look into it. A workaround would be to bounce to another track by arming a new stereo track for recording and setting the input matrix for that new track to record the master bus.

Rim

crouchie
Expert

Re: WOW2 not working properly on mixdown

Post by crouchie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Thank you, will give it a try