Iconnect audio4

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Brockwitzer

Iconnect audio4

Post by Brockwitzer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Hallo,

I like to See the upcoming iconnect audio4 on the List of compatible Interfaces.

Kind regards.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Iconnect audio4

Post by Corey W » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Brockwitzer,
We will be receiving an iConnectAudio4+ closer to its release date for testing and compatibility. After we get it in house and test it we will be sure to add it to the compatible interface list.

Corey

Brockwitzer

Post by Brockwitzer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi,

thats good!

Some many things to wait for this time.....Auria Pro....iconnect audio4.....assetto corsa dream pack.

I want the spring right now ;))

kind regards

zachlipton

Post by zachlipton » Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Any updates on compatibility for the iConnect Audio4+? It looks perfect for a project I'm doing, but I need a iOS app capable of putting out 4-6 channels to make it work.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Fri May 15, 2015 12:51 pm

The team at iConnectivity has been testing the new interface with Auria and claims full compatibility. We should be receiving one in the next few weeks so we can test it personally in house.
After talking to a few of their test engineers it sounds like there should be no issues with compatibility on iOS and Auria.

-Corey

Mivo

Post by Mivo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:50 pm

This interface has been on my shopping list for a few weeks now, but whenever I'm ready to just buy it (it's €379 here in Germany; would be an easier call if the street price was $299 like in the States), I hesitate because of the lack of user reviews, and the nagging question whether I really need this. It would replace a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and an iRig Pro. The ability to charge the iOS device (Air 2) is a big plus.

Does anyone use the iConnectivity iConnectAudio4+ and have first hand experiences with it to share? Doesn't have to be just with Auria (though that's an important point), but also with Win/Mac DAWs and other setups.

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 am

Just ordered an Audio 4+ ! :-)

Otherwise pleased and happy with my Apogee one but :

#1 : only one external mic, and only one mic at a time ... (
#2 : That $%&#$% ! breakout cable ! :-)
#3 : repeat #2 ! :-)
#4 : Maestro app ...
#5 : No line in ...

Looking forward to testing/using the Audio 4+ with Auria !

Ohmnoise
Expert

Post by Ohmnoise » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:02 pm

it is in German

iPad 3/16 GB - Alesis Dock - Auria 2.0 - ReTune - Audiobus - JamUp Pro - Alchemy Pro - DM1

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:31 pm

Had it for a couple of days now and it works like a charm together with Auria ! :-)

Recorded an acoustic guitar using two mics and a line from the pickup without a glitch !

The "information" on the display of the Audio4+ is a bit limited ... I especially miss a numeric indication (0-100%) for the mic gain settings ...

And the iConfig application is not available for IOS yet !

Apart from those small issues this seems like a match made in heaven ! :-)

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks for reporting back!

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:03 am

I have one of these on the way...

Yay MIDI...

Hurry Santa.

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:41 am

Mini Review ( also posted elsewhere )

First impressions.

Works with Auria, there's even an instructional video...

Very powerful. Lots more features than I actually need at the moment.

There's a bit of a learning curve.

Works with PC/Mac host and iOS device at the same time, pretty cool but I don't use the Mac for music.

Good thing I have the Mini. iOS configuration app needs to be updated to work with iConnectAudio4+
so I needed to plug both computers into it and run iConfig/OS X on the Mini to get thru the initial
firmware update and setup.

Seems to work just fine standalone with the iPad after I saved the configuration.

Hopefully the manufacturer will support all their platforms before too long.

It sounds at least as good or better than the Guitar Jack 2 I've been using, but that's a couple (3) years old now.

Having a few issues with BiasFX crackling in the background when I play complex patches, but it only
happens under a load. I'm using IAA to load a speaker or acoustic IR into the chain, so I'd guess that's
hogging resources as well. Might be an issue, might not.

I haven't got around to trying BiasFX into Auria yet. Hopefully there are enough available bits...

It'll be cool to add a few external MIDI things like controllers and a switchboard in the not too far future.

Only thing that will lead me to return it is if I can't ditch the pops & crackles, but I have high hopes.

Edit: Tweaking the input & output to reasonable levels has gotten rid of most of the annoying extra noises.

There's still a bit of cruft on some of the more complex patches, but I'm pretty sure that's due to iPad overload and not the interface...

I'll give Auria more of a workout post-upgrade. I've been ignoring it lately in favor of other apps till THE DAY. :roll:

Rttcore

Post by Rttcore » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:28 am

Hello,
I tried using th iconnect audio4. While recording, I get a delay and static coming into auria after a few minutes. I have to restart and try again. Turned into a chronic problem. I returned the unit and got another - same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am

What kind of iPad do you have?
Did you download the iConnectivity iConfig for AUDIO iPad app? You will need this app in order to make manual changes to your interface to make sure you are running at the same sample/bit rate as your Auria sessions. You can also adjust routing and i/o through the app.