Sonosaurus - Thumbjam and Drumjam

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Sonosaurus - Thumbjam and Drumjam

Post by rickwaugh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Couple of great apps, in particular, thumbjam has some great samples, easy to drive from midi, at a very good price. But the forum seems dead. No one is posting, or seems to be monitoring it. I wonder what's going on, and if the company is still viable. No new versions for a very long time. Anyone heard anything?

richardyot
Expert

Re: Sonosaurus - Thumbjam and Drumjam

Post by richardyot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:54 am

The developer is fairly active at the Audiobus Forum, and both the apps are very much alive and well.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Very good to know.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Recent thread involving Sonosaurus talking about him working on TJ and DJ at the moment.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comme ... ent_136978

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 am

Posted a question on this in the audiobus forum, tagging sonosaurus, and he replied right back. Fantastic news, and good support. That's a great little iOS recording forum, lots of activity and knowledgeable people. It is however, a dangerous place, as I have already seen discussions about 14 apps I'd like to buy. :mrgreen:

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:01 pm

He's defintely still actively working on these apps, as mentioned above. I think he just uses the Audiobus forum as a means to communicate with folks more than the forums for his own apps. I think there are quite a few developers who actually do that. Large audience there on AB forums might have something to do with that. Either way, alive and well, for certain. And still doing awesome stuff on the daily.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:04 pm

I look at SampleTank every now and then. Then I look at thumbjam and realize I already have a pretty amazing library of sounds, in a great little usable package. So I stop there. :mrgreen:

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I've been really happy with the last updates to Thumbjam as they added some functionality for those of us who use an EWI to trigger sounds using aftertouch. That shakuhachi patch is just out of this world.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:06 pm

martygras wrote:I've been really happy with the last updates to Thumbjam as they added some functionality for those of us who use an EWI to trigger sounds using aftertouch. That shakuhachi patch is just out of this world.
Love that. Used on this piece for guitar, flute and cello. Cello also from thumbjam.

https://soundcloud.com/rickwaugh/soft-aire-remastered