Auria playback distorted in AudioBuss

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BTLab

Auria playback distorted in AudioBuss

Post by BTLab » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:50 pm

As of the last AudioBus update, when playing back tracks previously recorded into Auria with Auria in the AB input slot (nothing in effects slot and "System Audio Out" in the output slot), the output sound is a distorted version of the original track. It sounds as if it is being played through a resonant filter. Adjusting AB latency changes the "resonant peak" of the filtered sound, upward with decreased latency and downward with increased latency (I normally run AB at 512 frames, which was also the AB setting when the original Auria tracks were recorded from AudioBus long ago, well prior to the last AB update). When playing back the same tracks with Auria as standalone, the sound is fine, so it is not about any particular settings that may have changed in Auria. All other pre-recorded material, such as MT DAW, (as well as all instrument apps) sound fine when played back (or played) through AudioBus in the same manner. I am on an IPad 4 Retina and still running the last version of iOS 7. I've been holding at iOS 7 since some apps are still reporting glitches in iOS 8.x . All other apps are working fine in iOS 7.
Any other Auria users experiencing this problem?

Washboy
Expert

Re: Auria playback distorted in AudioBuss

Post by Washboy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:52 pm

Sorry, no such symptoms here. I assume you've done the usual "kill all apps and reboot your iPad" routine?

(iPad3/64, iOSv7.1.2, Auria v1.155, Audiobus v2.1.13)

BTLab

Re: Auria playback distorted in AudioBuss

Post by BTLab » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Yeah...tried that, and several other things ....but thanks for your reply.