IOS 8.3, ifunbox, Auria, what works?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Johow
Expert

IOS 8.3, ifunbox, Auria, what works?

Post by Johow » Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm

So I had 8.3 and had some trouble where I needed access to my files. I was able to get back to 8.2 and have access via an app like ifunbox. Now I hear that they have updated their app to work somewhat with iOS 8.3. I'd like to know exactly what that means. So if you have 8.3 and use ifunbox, what can you do as relates to your files especially Auria files such as project files and sound files, samples and such. I've heard that it works with apps that use iTunes file sharing, is Auria such an app and does this process work like it did prior to 8.3? What say you?
TIA....
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: IOS 8.3, ifunbox, Auria, what works?

Post by Rim » Tue May 26, 2015 9:01 pm

iFunBox has updated their app to work with apps which support iTunes File Sharing. Auria has always supported this, so this means iFunBox will work with Auria just like before - no limitations.

Rim

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Wed May 27, 2015 8:29 am

Rim,
For me iFunbox now appears to work fine in one direction: I.e., I am able to use the "send to Pc" function just fine, to create a backup of the project to my hard drive. However, when I try to use the "copy from PC" function, it pulls up the file browse function and I can see the folder I want to restore to AuriA, but when I click on the folder, it doesn't copy the folder name into the "Filename" portion of the dialog box. It will recognize the individual wave files, just not the folders.

Any thoughts?
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 am

I haven't encountered that. Sounds like an iFunBox bug. There's nothing Apple is doing that prevents folders from being copied... I'd suggest contacting them to see if they're aware of the issue. Maybe they have a workaround.

Have you tried simply dragging a folder right onto the Auria Documents folder in iFunBox? That's how I typically do it.

Rim

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Thu May 28, 2015 10:16 am

Thanks. I'll give the drag-and-drop suggestion a try.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Fri May 29, 2015 9:13 am

The "drag and drop" approach worked like a charm. Thanks.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:27 am

I use Deepdish Gigbook for my sheet music onstage. Although Gigbook uses iTunes File Sharing, I still have no access to its Documents folder in iFunBox 2.95 (on PC). So, having "updated" to iOS 8.3 (because I wanted to take advantage of Korg's discounted price of iM1), I am now officially hosed with iFunBox...so it's back to iTunes for me unless and until the iFunBox Dev Team can finally get around Apple's restriction(s) without my having to jailbreak my iPad 4 (which I refuse to do).

Oh, well...at least Auria's working fine on iOS 8.3.... :D

Mike E. Dee

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Unfortunately is iFunbox not working on Mountain Lion anymore,that really s*cks.Any other tips for the "file access light"that does work on older macs?
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX