Feedback when not recording

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Feedback when not recording

Post by rickwaugh » Sat May 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Been having the occasional odd situation. IOS 8.3, iPad air 2 64 gig.

I'll start up auria. I load up a test project that has flying haggis as a plug-in. It's fine, though sometimes it says, flying haggis recording, not auria, when auria is minimized.

I load up a second project, that does not have flying haggis. It still says flying haggis recording. And even though I have no track armed, and the main record button is not pressed, I'll start to get feedback. If I kill auria, and restart, it usually fixes it. Sometimes I have to reboot.

Annoying. It could be flying haggis that's misbehaving of course.

Some additional info: when I set the red bar saying flying haggis is recording, even though auria has been killed, haggis is not in the list of running programs. However, if I click the red bar that says it's running, it comes up. Then I go to the running program list, and it's there, and I can kill it.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Feedback when not recording

Post by Rim » Sun May 31, 2015 6:37 am

The red bar at the top that says "Recording" comes from iOS itself. It's letting you know that the particular app is using the microphone (or USB input). "recording" is a bit misleading, as it might not actually be recording, but that's how Apple chose to word it... It happens only if that app is set to use background audio mode, which means it's on even after you close the app. It's hard to diagnose why there might be feedback without more detailed information about how you're using the apps exactly (Audiobus, IAA, etc).

Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun May 31, 2015 10:32 am

Interesting. In this case, simply running haggis as a channel strip plug-in in auria, which I assume means IAA.

You can't record in haggis. It's looking for some kind of interface for a guitar signal, and normally if I'm not plugged in with my irig pro, haggis displays a message that says to plug in. Odd it would then try to grab the mic.

Getting a bit annoyed with it, which is too bad, as I really like the sound and the presets.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun May 31, 2015 10:36 am

It doesn't have to record to have that message. As I mentioned, Apple puts that message there to let you know that the app is using the mic for some reason. Audio apps like Haggis use the mic when no other interface is plugged in.

Rim