It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released soon

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Base16
Expert

Re: It's spring...wondering if Auria Pro will be released so

Post by Base16 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:25 am

Actually, coming off Logic 9,(and probably not going back soon), I find Auria to be the premier DAW for iOS as it stands now. Got all the plugins I want and use the channel strips as much as possible. They don't seem to tax the CPU so much. Doing the MIDI stuff in other apps isn't all that tough using IAA and the "Bus." Automation comes in really handy...bit tedious though...post tweaking can get you into a sticky web. Now ya can mix to Final Touch in real time...it's gorgeous! I'm just really looking forward to the Auria Pro graphics, checking out the synth, on board MIDI, audio stretching and so on. Please just tell me that piano roll edit window can change from red to something easier on the eyes. Waiting patiently isn't a problem for me...we'll all be ecstatic in 2016!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat May 30, 2015 9:44 am

Base16 wrote:...Please just tell me that piano roll edit window can change from red to something easier on the eyes...
I'm pretty sure that, when asked earlier, Rim said the background colour of the piano roll edit window reflects that track's chosen colour. So, if you're editing a blue-coloured track, the piano roll edit window will be blue too :)

Raider-X

Post by Raider-X » Sat May 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Second for will's comment. We are stakeholders so do a better job on timelines. Truly by the time midi comes we'll have to sit through six months of bugs and updates. Don't tease with the carrot if you can't deliver. Screw the almanac too, no one thinks of spring in June but nice try to save face for rim and co. Rim, time to start investing in your business with capable staff that can push the product because the real world is already forgetting about auria. I've been hearing midi for two years...this company obviously doesn't know what it is doing or it doesn't know how to manage time and a project. Is it tolerance? Complacency? What is it?

Frustrated Auria user who is contemplating giving it up.

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 am

Wow, Raider-X, you're really quite frustrated and arrogant.

This product is still the only even remotely serious DAW on iOS, Rim is still relatively on time, no matter the various interpretations in this thread, and while Rim as the ONLY developer delivers a solid, high quality product, the only "wannabe" competitor with the C in the name has a bunch of developers, decades of experience and only delivers extremely buggy, low-quality, almost unusable software update after update.

(before you ask: Freeze? Gives you some random mess that has nothing to do with the original track. Undo? Jumbles around your entire project. Zooming? Zooms in to some random place in the song, certainly not where you wanted. FX quality? Kindergarten. Internal instruments? Timing is so bad that you can at most use them for pads. The list goes on...)

Seriously, the attitude of some people makes me sick.
Last edited by instinctive on Sun May 31, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutcram
Expert

Post by Peanutcram » Sun May 31, 2015 6:00 am

It's impatience triggering harsh feelings. iOS music devs are pioneers in a small community of nerds (I guess even Apple doesn't care for that) and Auria is a milestone to me. I'm still stroke by the possibilities provided now and feel quite futuristic sometimes. I don't mind going slow. Cheers Rim & WaveMashine Labs

Auratech
Expert

Post by Auratech » Sun May 31, 2015 6:14 am

I am (hungarian)recording sound engineer and synth sound designer (former).
Only the Auria gave me the right tool to stream live, from multichannel input mixed almost final mastered audio and simultan raw multichannel audio recording 24/96. All that's with tiny, silent, secure, flexible cheap, mobile setup.
I am very grateful for that.
I am not waiting for midi, but the renewed audio engine, more flexible bus system, the better time warp, slice features...
The new GUI also.
Time is not the most important.
There is no reason of frustration, but the impatience simple.
Auria works fine today too.
Is it somebody contracted with Rim to achieve Auria Pro already? Rim has the biggest drive and challenge, not us.
He has his own life. He is not our slave.
My rover Studio: iPad Air2-64Gb, Auria, Zoom H6, 2xRode Nt1, 2x Rode Nt55,
DT-770PRO, XMS-disc-(Jecklin), Ruinvo-panasonic USB Power pack,
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Sun May 31, 2015 6:25 am

Reassuring to see that there's lots of sane people too ;)

Of course I would be happy to see Auria Pro already yesterday as well. However I see it as something great to look forward to, not something that I DEMAND or DESERVE or am entitled to. I haven't paid for Auria with MIDI. I've paid for Auria as it is, and it is great :D

Believe me Raider-X, life's much better if you adapt to what's coming your way, not expect that life is how you think it should be 8)

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Sun May 31, 2015 11:23 am

I don't remember seeing Jimi Hendrix getting in a flap and swinging his handbag because a midi update hadn't arrived.
Make of that what you will.

rkmonkey
Expert

Post by rkmonkey » Sun May 31, 2015 2:26 pm

AndyE wrote:I don't remember seeing Jimi Hendrix getting in a flap and swinging his handbag because a midi update hadn't arrived.
Amen Brother!

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:57 pm

He could release it now, before it's ready to be stable, and then launch a thousand threads about how he releases buggy software. I know my life hasn't changed while waiting and I've found plenty of ways to make music. When the update hits, it will be awesome and I will buy it within 2 seconds of release. But, I'll be glad that it's stable and can be used to actually do work, rather than a toy that is a neat concept that will someday work.

I did hear though that the US congress was repealing the law tonight that requires people in the USA to use auria very day no matter what state it's in, so if you're in the USA you now have a choice and can use anything you want! I don't know if the rest of the world is the same but I hope the freedom spreads... :D

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun May 31, 2015 5:02 pm

AndyE wrote:I don't remember seeing Jimi Hendrix getting in a flap and swinging his handbag because a midi update hadn't arrived.
I'm sure Keith Richards didn't swing his handbag-er-guitar at this guy over a midi update.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KyK0y02HvVc

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Sun May 31, 2015 5:45 pm

Great link supanorton. After chopping down the stage invader with his guitar, I love the look that Richards gives Jagger. As if to say...."You got a problem with that"?

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 pm

Mick doesn't miss a word as he watches the onslaught.

mikell

Post by mikell » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm

It seems many are champing at the bit, to see Auria Pro, and that's pretty normal, considering what a beautiful DAW Auria already is. But, honestly, I'm sure if Rim thought Pro was ready, it would be out there. Any programmer knows how release delays can occur and hardware/software/OS interfaces are truly complex things. When Auria Pro is ready, I'm quite sure it will be even more wonderful than the version we all already love.
You rock Rim.

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Damn some of you guys need to chill the f out. It's really not all that serious. Getting all upset over a product that hasn't come out yet that you haven't even paid for is slightly ridiculous. I for one am extremely happy to know this new product will be released in the near future. I can also wait knowing that it will be released and it won't have a crap ton of bugs due to a rushed release. I can't wait to see the sampler. Take care guys.