Copying and deleting Projects possible?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

OldBoy

Copying and deleting Projects possible?

Post by OldBoy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:23 am

Hi,

Is it possible to copy or move a project onto a PC from my iPad mini??

I know I can copy my .wav recordings onto my PC using iTunes, but I would like to know if the projects could be transferred back and forth. (As I have more space on the PC than the iPad)

Secondly, using the iPad only, can projects or wav files be deleted? If so how please?

Thanks

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Copying and deleting Projects possible?

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:33 am

Drop box works well for moving stuff around between platforms, and a basic account with enough space to do that is free. You can export an AAF file as well, which can be imported into other daws.

To delete projects, go into load projects. Press edit. The red delete icon will appear beside all projects.

OldBoy

Post by OldBoy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:57 am

rickwaugh wrote:Drop box works well for moving stuff around between platforms, and a basic account with enough space to do that is free. You can export an AAF file as well, which can be imported into other daws.

To delete projects, go into load projects. Press edit. The red delete icon will appear beside all projects.

Thanks Rickwaugh

Sounds a good plan. Following your suggestion I installed Dropbox on iPad mini and PC, and rebooted both.

I seem to have problems when trying with Dropbox.

In Auria, I load a project e.g. The Approach , click on the 'SaveProject to Dropbox' and each time it starts to save but then stops after about 5 minutes. e.g. it stops on kick.wav within 'The Approach' project.
I guess this is 'teething problems', but am I doing it correctly, or do I need to do something differently?

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:36 pm

No, that's it. It can take a bit of time, so I'd start it and leave it.

OldBoy

Post by OldBoy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 pm

rickwaugh wrote:No, that's it. It can take a bit of time, so I'd start it and leave it.
Thanks very much for the info.

Appreciated

Pigdragon
Expert

Post by Pigdragon » Mon May 11, 2015 4:21 am