Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

actualproof
Expert

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by actualproof » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:15 am

Rim wrote:In either case you'd be able to retain your plugins. In your second case, Auria Pro will detect that you Auria installed, and unlock the same plugins, so they're available in both versions.

Rim
Is there any advantage to one over the other? I have the full version of Auria with all plug-ins. Obviously, I would lean toward upgrading to Pro instead of purchasing - unless there is some functionality or performance that will be missing in an upgraded app as opposed to a "new" app.

audiohub

Post by audiohub » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:04 am

Good Question!
I'm anxiously awiting the update, and am confused about this as well......

Tmidiman

Post by Tmidiman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:16 am

Washboy wrote:
Tmidiman wrote:I have to say that while I look forward to the addition of midi for use in quickly sketching out a groove I do not care for the look of the GUI. I much more prefer the vintage look. If there is no option to keep the old look I'll just opt to not upgrade.
You can keep the old look :) That is, you're allowed to retain it :wink:
That's good to hear. I understand that some use may need a darker look. My creative process would not be helped with flat, dark colors and graphics.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:00 pm

There's no difference functionally between a new installation of Auria Pro and an upgrade from Auria to Auria Pro.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Rim wrote:In either case you'd be able to retain your plugins. In your second case, Auria Pro will detect that you Auria installed, and unlock the same plugins, so they're available in both versions.
Ah! I must have misunderstood what you wrote before, Rim :oops: I'll risk labouring the point though, so there's absolutely no doubt :-

I have the non-LE-upgraded, full-fat Auria, that has just about every IAP available, If I delete it and then purchase and install the full Auria Pro (i.e. not the IAP upgrade), will I be able to restore all the IAPs that I purchased via the old Auria? Or will I have to have both original and Pro Auria installed simultaneously (similar to your trick with Turnado and WOW2)?

Like @richardyot, I'm inclined to buy the full Auria Pro but only if I don't have to have the old one using up disk space. Please tell me you've found a cunning way to transfer IAPs between your apps, @Rim :?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:09 pm

In order for this trick to work, you need to have both installed on the iPad. So to summarize the options:

Option 1: If you own Auria and want Auria Pro, you just go to the built-in store in Auria and buy the upgrade. This turns your Auria version into Auria Pro, and you still have all your plugins

Option 2: If you own Auria, and you want Auria Pro, but want to keep both versions on your iPad at the same time, you purchase Auria Pro from the app store (not as an upgrade). You would pay full price if you do it that way. In this case, Auria Pro will ask your Auria copy about which plugins it owns, and will make the same plugins available to Pro. But in order for this to work, you'll need both installed on the same iPad.

Keep in mind that both Auria and Auria Pro will be getting a refresh when Pro comes out, so both will have the new GUI as well as a host of bug fixes.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Ah... the birds are singing. The sun is warm. Flowers are blooming and teenagers everywhere are playing grab-arse, which can only mean one thing... the Teaser Season is upon us. As we hyperventilate in anticipation, a teaser video or two or three would truly sooth the souls. Just sayin'
— Can you hum a few bars? —

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Thanks for that clarification, @Rim. One last question (from me) on the topic, though :wink: : After Auria Pro has queried Auria (original) about which IAPs it owns (and unlocked same in Auria Pro), is it feasible to delete the Auria (original) - at least until some subsequent update necessitates a 'Restore Purchases'!

BTW, I'm only keen to avoid upgrading to Pro via IAP because I have recollections of some subtle issues encountered by Auria LE users who upgraded to full Auria via IAP.

P.S. Maybe Sebastian Dittmann would be willing to share how SoundPrism (Free) is able to (permanently) transfer any purchased IAPs to SoundPrism Pro? Just a thought :wink:

shiroiyuki

Post by shiroiyuki » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:33 am

Wow, I'm impressed, not a single line regarding my postings... :|
Crappy customer support at its best...

Right now, I dont see any reason why I should buy the new version and support this. :cry:

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:08 am

I'm sure most people can live with your decision though ;)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:15 am

@shiroiyuki, I've made it clear in my posts on the forum and elsewhere that MIDI will be an upgrade at an additional cost when it gets released.

@washboy, Yes, you'll be able to delete Auria once Pro talks to it the first time.

Rim

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:22 am

Hey, shitoiyuki, why don't you take your crappy attitude and threats of violence and join some other forum.

KeniPad
Expert

Post by KeniPad » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:31 am

I think all questions have been answered very well. Rim and crew seem to be doing s good job keeping people in the loop. I'm very excited about the new version. I have no intention of keeping the old version once it's updated. Why would you do that? And I know people are excited about the update. I definitely know that I am. Even when Auria acted buggy at times, I never felt ripped off by the developers. And there are so many apps to make music with. Stop complaining, let the developers do their wonderful job, and get to the business of making music. These forums, I have noticed, can bring out the absolute worst in people. I am personally tired of seeing wasted energy put towards complaining.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 am

Shiroiyuki :- you have already made an excellent decision by purchasing AURIA which stands head and shoulders above any other DAW on the IPAD platform. Believe me, I have tried several of the alternatives including Cubasis and found them all significantly lacking in comparison to the extensive features of AURIA. Your attitude, your language and your threatening behaviour is disappointing and childish and has no place on this excellent forum. AURIA is a low budget high spec application that meets and exceeds the spec of many PC desktop applications costing several hundred Euros/pounds/dollars. For the price of a good night out with the lads you have an application unsurpassed at this time. With the inclusion of MIDI and other high end features soon to be available AURIA will extend its lead even further and have no other competition. I think you have your head in the clouds if at this low price you expect to receive unlimited 24/7 support, endless free upgrades and a support engineer as dedicated, enthusiastic and accommodating as RIM. Somewhere along the line upgrades have to be financed and it is not unreasonable to have to get your loose change out occasionally and support the excellent work from RIM and the team at WaveMachines Labs. Sadly I am sympathetic of "AndyE" response but you are an AURIA user and despite your attitude I'm sure you will receive excellent support if you treat the users and support staff with respect. The new features aren't that far off so be patient.

Mog

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Rim wrote:@washboy, Yes, you'll be able to delete Auria once Pro talks to it the first time.
Brilliant! Well done and thanks, @Rim. You've made my day :D