Tonestack refuses to record into Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Johow
Expert

Tonestack refuses to record into Auria

Post by Johow » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:37 pm

It's supposed to be IAA but I can't get a sound out of it. Works great as a standalone amp sim, in fact I love the sound of it, that's why it's so disappointing. I've tried audiobus mode and the reset after to no avail. I've tried pretty much everything that has been suggested here and the audiobus forum. When I try the app using audiobus, tone stack gives me an error message and flashes Busy, but no sound. Tried the different CoreAudio modes, nothing. I know a lot of you use this app and that it's supposed to be IAA compatible. I have an itrack doc as well as the apogee jam and both give the same result. I've tried bring either tonestack or Auria up first. I bring up tonestack by itself and everything is great but open Auria and select it in the channel strip and it goes dead. I'm sure I'm overlooking something because so many others are using it. Please help if you can....
Thanks
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Jus
Expert

Re: Tonestack refuses to record into Auria

Post by Jus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi just tried tone stack as well
It gives a sound until I press record in Auria. then goes dead
Have to restart Auria to get a sound again
But if I use the iaa transport in tonestack and press record in tonestack it works ok and records and plays back fine
For me 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Try using Audiobus mode in Auria (in the settings). It's possible it doesn't like Auria's large audio buffer size.

Rim

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Rim wrote:Try using Audiobus mode in Auria (in the settings). It's possible it doesn't like Auria's large audio buffer size.
Rim
I've used audiobus mode as well as not and have restarted the iPad after killing the apps, doing everything I think I'm supposed to do and nothing.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Jus wrote:Hi just tried tone stack as well
It gives a sound until I press record in Auria. then goes dead
Have to restart Auria to get a sound again
But if I use the iaa transport in tonestack and press record in tonestack it works ok and records and plays back fine
For me 8)
Same for me but when I press the transport controls, I only hear what I have already recorded on the other tracks(tracks recorded using apps other than tonestack) but I get nothing on the tonestack track.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:29 pm

OK, in that case, I suggest contacting the developer of Tonestack. Sounds like something on their end.

Rim

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Well, I finally did get tonestack to work!!! I'm not really sure what did the trick, I just kept toggling this and that, trying different combinations of things. I changed the core audio mode several times and the last time I went to multi route and then back to standard and it seemed to kick in, also at the same time, I selected record effects from the record enable button, but I had already done that at some point too. Go figure. Then I had a little trouble getting the levels set right but got it. It seems though that for every track I try, I have to kill tone-stack and restart it. Not as easy to use as amplitube but it definitely sounds better, Imo. Well thanks for your suggestion, I look forward to playing with this app.