iGOG request

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Roberto

iGOG request

Post by Roberto » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 am

Please add background audio support...
Rotating screen support...
Ipad graphics...
Won't ask about inter app nor audiobus... Those are a must and have been asked already.

Stewartludwig
Expert

Re: iGOG request

Post by Stewartludwig » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:12 am

Yes, anything to do with IGOG I second! Ive been waiting over two years now for this gem to be updated. The best damn drum app on IOS for real drummers. Hmmm photoshop and a few hours would update the graphics for the ipad and make a Nice Christmas present.

Rim, any luck on getting it to work on IOS 8.1?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:59 am

Sorry, no time to give love to iGOG until after the next Auria major update. It may seem like an easy fix, but even simple graphics changes can take days or weeks (a knob or slider control has 100 images, for example).

Rim

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:38 am

Hey Rim,

If not updated what about a fix so atleast it runs on IOS 8/8.1 etc? I really miss using it on my latest iphone/ ipads.

Cheers,
Stewart

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 pm

It should be working on iOS 8.x (it opens on my iPhone 6 here). What are the issues you're seeing?

Rim

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey Rim,

Igog won't play any sample anymore from the main page. If I go to the samples menu and test any sample it plays just fine. But when I go back out to the main page nothing will play / trigger when tapping the screen. I have tried it on the normal Igog kits and the extra free and paid kits i bought but nothing works from the main page anymore. Basically it acts like a picture only of the pads now. I also deleted and reinstalled it to no avail. FYI: Out of say 50 approx apps this is the only one not working correctly on this butt ugly IOS 8.

-iPhone 6 running IOS 8.0 now 8.1.
-IGOG Still works on an old retina ipad 4 running IOS 6.3 just fine.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:30 pm

OK, thanks for letting me know. Something must have changed in 8.1 that affected iGOG.

Rim

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi Rim,

Any word on a fix for IGOG so it will work again on IOS 8.1x?

Really miss it.
Cheers,
Stewart

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:30 am

Sorry, I haven't had any time to look into it. If it turns out to be a quick fix, I should be able to work it in before the next Auria release, otherwise it'll be after the release.

Rim

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Hi Rim,

I decided to start a monthly reminder to get IGOG working again on IOS 8x devices.
After Years of depending on it, its really hard not having it working now. I realize its all Apples fault (as usual) and I really hate the newer IOS for so many different reasons but not having IGOG working is the biggest.

Your fault for making an amazing drum app!

Cheers,
Stewart

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:52 am

I believe Auria Pro will be taking the most of the team's time for months to come. Perhaps They've decided that the iGog is too problematic and are working at a new approach.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:08 am

That would suck if true. I "used" IGOG much more than I have ever used Auria. IGOG was just so darn addictive. And I even bought all the extra drum kits etc!

Personally, I'm really disappointed in that Crapple company ever since jobs left the helm . My two favourite apps no longer work after years of flawless operation just because Tim cook is an idiot!

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:29 am

I kinda hate to say it, but this is the price of progress. When it happens so slowly that you cannot perceive the change (like in the olden days) it is not as problematic.

I believe things are advancing way too fast for us to keep up right now. Sure you can make it work, but can you keep it working?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:06 am

Hi Rim,

Time again for my monthly request to get the amazing IGOG running again on Newer IOS devices!
( Never gonna stop until I get it back as the only thing it still runs on is this old retina ipad.)

Screw the new apple and there planned obsolescence via constant " updating". For the record I also hate this new flat IOS saturated colors look they came up with IOS 7 onward. I prefer the 3D realistic look by far. To bad I'm forced to use this new IOS crap.

Cheers,

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:03 am

I plan on updating both iGog and Voice Band after Auria Pro gets released and debugged (most likely after 4-5 Auria Pro updates).

Rim