Lost files...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

diirtysoul

Lost files...

Post by diirtysoul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:23 am

Hi,

My partner uses an iPad Mini and Auria to record her complex harmonies for a high School type choir. I use Logic and have never really looked at Auria apart from in the beginning when I bought her the iPad and Auria.

Basically she is running out of memory on her 16gb ipad but she has 30 or so sessions stored which are needed and current that she is working on for a show. She usually bounces down a full mix and then individual harmony lines to teach with and for reference. Anyhow, she was getting a warning that the memory is low so she bounced the full track and then deleted some pictures videos etc (I have warned her to use it for recording only) and when she went to start the single harmony bounces the contents of the project has totally disappeared. No where to be found! The file is there, so inside there is

Backup (Nothing inside)
Content (Nothing inside)
Snapshot: Looks like there is files there but when you click on it nothing happens.

She is in pieces as it has taken her forever to work out etc.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many Thanks

diirtysoul

Re: Lost files...

Post by diirtysoul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:56 am

RIM? There seems to be be someone below who had the same problem. Can someone help please...?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:10 pm

That's unfortunate to hear. Have you hooked up the iPad to a computer and tried using iFunBox to look at the folders? The audio files themselves should be in the project folder, and there should be some automatically generated snapshots in the snapshots folder. The most important thing to check first is if the audio is still there. Did she accidentally delete any of the audio files?

Also, when you say she got a low memory message, do you mean low memory or low disk space? Deleting videos, etc does nothing to the memory but only frees up disk space.

Did she have any backups (iCloud or iTunes)?

Rim

local12

Post by local12 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:29 pm

All of my files on Dropbox are gone - just put them there a couple of weeks ago to make room for new projects. one new file i just put there won't download. i have 4Gs free. Also, all files on ipad are gone. rebooted - no better.

Just went into Dropbox and see the files. why won"t Auria recognize or download them?

Any thoughts?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 am

What kind of files are you trying to import into Auria? Are they audio files or Auria project files?

Rim

local12

Post by local12 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:10 pm

They are wav files created by Auria. I can see them in Drop Box, but not in Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:21 am

Auria will only show dropbox files which have .wav .aif .m4a or .mp3 extensions. So I suspect the files you're talking about are missing one of these extensions. For example, if the file is named "audio" it will not show up. It must be named "audio.wav". In other words, the end of the file name has to have a dot, then the words wav after it.

And just to make sure you're doing it correctly, here are the steps for importing a wav file from dropbox into Auria:

1. Press Import Audio File from the menu
2. Touch the Dropbox tab when you see the import window come up.
3. Find the correct Dropbox folder, then tap the name of the file you want to import

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:53 am

I lost all the files. I had the same problem with low memory. after rebooting auria stopped working. Nothing helped. itunes and ifunbox not see the files. I do backups but the latter two projects are lost forever. i am depressed... :( :cry:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:48 am

Did you have the Auto Project Cleanup option turned on in Auria's settings? It seems this can cause files to get inadvertently deleted under the right conditions.

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:24 am

Hello Rim! I usually Enables Auto Project Cleanup.
I understand that I blame myself. I worked hard mode. CPU 85-93% low memory mode. Ipad Air first generation. The draft 30 tracks (10mono 20stereo 2 frozen) but I worked well and with a lot of (40 tracks and more). A large number of plug-ins but they are all internally FabFilter, PSP, FXPansion. In this project, I first use return Overloud THM. I have worked and received warnings, but everything was fine. Then I came out of auria and no longer able to enter. The program is just beginning to be loaded and then reset. Files missing in itunes and in ifunbox. but the place was occupied in the ipad. Delete all and restored through the appstore. I hope this does not happen again. I will make copies on the computer more often.