Anyone using Auria live for backing tracks?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thedrumguy

Anyone using Auria live for backing tracks?

Post by thedrumguy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Hey everyone, just checking to see if anyone else out there is using Auria to run backing tracks live? I retired a laptop with pro tools to use my iPad air with Auria. So far...so good. I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. Just using one mono track out(SUB2) to send to front of house and a mono track out(SUB1) for my in ears. I realize I could do multiple out. I have my drum monitor mix going to input one of the interface. I'm arming the drum monitor track to get signal out to (SUB1/INEARS). My question is........is their a better way to run the drum monitor track? I want the processed sound of the mix. I'm not getting any latency. However, it eats up a ton of CPU.

martygras
Expert

Re: Anyone using Auria live for backing tracks?

Post by martygras » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:23 am

Not to sound like a smart ass (although I am one) Why not bounce the backing down to an m4a file. Using Auria seems a bit like using an atom bomb to get rid of gophers.

Perhaps I misunderstand. No?

BTW, fellow drummer here. Don't tell anyone though. They think I'm a musician.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

thedrumguy

Post by thedrumguy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:25 pm

I used to do that with a iPod before using a PT rig. As you know, trusting a sound guy live is never a good thing. Auria allows me to increase the volume on the tracks. I wanted to use the ipad live as a track player and monitor mixer.
I'm thinking of get a Pre Sonus 1818 so I can send 4 seperate out puts to front of house.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm a live sound engineer and a musician, so I understand how it feels to hand control over to sound guys, but I think you are on the right track providing more outputs. Do you have 4 channels of DI? There's a 4-ch Behringer rack DI that is actually good and all the house has to do at that point is let them hook up 4 mic channels.

Be careful not to give them too hot of a signal. This is very common and I can't lower the input gains to prevent distortion when this happens live.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

thedrumguy

Post by thedrumguy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Thanks for the insight. I'm buy that exact DI tomorrow.