Multi Outs not working with Focusrite 18i8

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Multi Outs not working with Focusrite 18i8

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:58 pm

Everything still coming from main outs. No signals from extra outs. Multi outs working with no problem using Cubase.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Multi Outs not working with Focusrite 18i8

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:44 pm

Did you set up your ouput matrix in Auria to send the tracks to the seperate 8 busses. Turn those tracks off to mains in the outpur matrix and only allow their routing to go to the 8 output busses. You must assign the tracks to their respective buss in the mixing board. It's only those 8 busses that output to the seperate outs as shown on the output matrix. Good luck.~~_/)~~~*

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:50 am

That didn't work. I tried different combinations of mono, stereo, turning on and off the "int" buttons, and different routings from the Scarlet MixControl. It just didn't work but it just worked in Cubase when I assigned the extra outputs.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:20 am

Also, make sure Auria's Core Audio mode is set to either MultiRoute or Standard (this is in Auria's settings page).

Rim

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Another thing when you switch modes in settings as I recall the ipad needs
to be rebooted before it will change. Maybe the interface also :idea:
best
jp

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:42 pm

If you could take a screen shot of your output matrix window we may be able to track this down. Also a scrren shot of the mixer. When you say cubase are you talking desktop or cubasis for iPad? As far as my research has been on the 18i8 there are 4 mic pre inputs/ 4 additional TRS 1/4" inputs and L/R monitor outputs. In addition a SPIDIF in/out and Adat input only. So you should see no additional outputs for this device other than the main stereo outputs, spidif out if Auria can see that digital output and the 2 headphones out, again if Auria sees these outputs as seperate or as outs at all. I don't know how Focusrite claims 8 independant outs as I only count 6. How did you route tracks out of the unit in Cubase? Where did you send this audio signal to other than the main outputs? One of the reasons I choose the Scarlet 18i20 over the 18i8 was because of it's 8 seperate TRS outputs. I had originally chosen the 18i8 but realized it's output limitations. I now use my Scarlet 18i20 connected via adat lightpipe to my Audient iD22 adat input/output. The 18i20 works as a stand alone unit without being connected to any usb. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*
Here is the Scarlet quote from Focusrite regarding the available outputs of the Scarlet 18i8

Two TRS monitor outputs are provided, plus stereo S/PDIF coax and two independent stereo headphone outputs – each with their own volume control, so artist and engineer can adjust their own monitoring settings

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:50 pm

It's working now. it literally took about 7 or 8 iPad turn off and on agains in a row and it just started working. Still wired that it worked with Cubase for IOS with no problem. Their system works like any other computer DAW where every mixer channel can be directly routed to whatever output without having to go thru subs. But it's working and I can stop pulling my hair out.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:44 am

Glad to hear that you got it working. It would be great if you left a detailed description of your 18i8 settings as well as Auria's settings that made it work. This will help out new 18i8 users on our forum and will remain in Auria's data base to help others down the road. I will admit that rebooting the iPad several times is a strange way to get a hardware audio interface to work with Auria. Maybe Rim could explain why these multiple reboots eventually worked. If you could take a screen shot of the Input/Output matrix for your setup than that will describe the setup well. Good luck and make some cool music to post here. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*