Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jlvid90

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by Jlvid90 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:08 am

Maybe we could see a video of Auria Pro in action from NAMM 2015?

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:11 am

Hi Rim,
You are at Namm, right? What both number?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:45 am

Rim is at booth # 6903. I'm hoping Rim does an interview and shows off Auria Pro for us. Hopefully Sonicstate will interview Wavemachinelabs and demo Auria Pro. Go on Rim, show Auria Pro off. Not to mention you have thousands of loyal fans just dying to see our new Auria Pro in action. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:27 am

We've had a great first day at NAMM and did lots of interviews. A few video crews stopped by as well. We haven't seen anything posted online, but as soon as we see anything, we'll post it for sure.

Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:55 am

Jlvid90

Post by Jlvid90 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Here is a brand new video on YouTube of Auria Pro from NAMM 2015
http://youtu.be/LUDyfEblORo

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Man, I just post it now...

eustressor
Expert

Post by eustressor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Sweet. Can't wait to see more of these new features in action! Thank you both for posting that vid link 8)

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:10 pm

It will be possible creat a region based automation in the new audio pro?
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:40 pm

from the edit window track size, it appears that the record button and fx button are prioritised over the mute and solo buttons as the track size gets larger. This is in contrast to how it works at the moment with mute and solo appearing first as you enlarge a track size vertically.

Not sure whether your responding to user feedback to make that change but I'd like to add a vote to mute/solo arrangement being prioritised when track height is small. These are used all the time whether I'm tracking or mixing.

If it's possible being able to choose in an option which buttons to prioritise would be ideal. When your recording I'm sure the record button is useful being available but once the recording phase is over it's completely redundant.

fx is always useful and should be somewhere near the top.

Ideally mute/solo would be available along side the tack name. yes, they are that useful!

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Regard (mtingle) preference for mute/solo button as priority when expanding the track in EDIT mode I much prefer the changes as shown in the new version where RECORD and FX are given priority. When I'm recording I prefer to minimise the track height so I can view as many tracks as possible in order to have visual clues to activity on each track. Having to expand the track frequently to turn on or of the recording button is frustrating with the current version. The new placing of the FX button is also much better as this will enable convenient access to the IAA plugins without having to expand the track. I'm sure RIM has done enough research on this to establish the most popular positions for these controls. I do agree with (mtingle) on the possible future consideration for user options on this but for the moment I just want to get my hands on this new fantastic version without promoting any holdups by asking for other features. Can't wait. Well done RIM.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:04 pm

it does seem like a few people have expressed a preference for the record button being prioritised, but if there is a silent majority that prefer it with mute/solo viewable first then it could work out to the detriment to the majority.

I think having to expand a track further to access mute/solo is going to impede work flow to greater extend than if it was the record button.

If you prefer mute/solo speak up now so Wavemachine Labs can get a feel for how people are using Auria.

There could easily be a 'record mode' in the short cut menu that added a record button next to each track name (and abbreviating the name to fit it in). This would then be even more convenient for those doing a lot of tracking with Auria.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Empty track: record priority
Track with regions: mute/solo priority?

Just thinking out loud.

Mute/record priority would be my preference. Fx and solo are used far less frequently.

Triple tap or similar on the track name to toggle a single track height would solve the original problem for most use cases (needing to zoom zoom zoom to arm a track).

Or maybe as you zoom out the left side of the arrange window gets wider to accommodate buttons+name.
Last edited by syrupcore on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Rim, is the piano roll background fixed on red?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 am

Thanks, there was indeed quite a strong demand for us to move the record buttons to the top, but maybe we can make this an option.

The piano roll shows the same regions that are in the main view, so if you're in a red colored track it will show red, if it's a green track, it will be green.

Rim