Infernal internal mic coming in!!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sodium
Expert

Infernal internal mic coming in!!

Post by sodium » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:25 am

Hi all, have checked forums but haven't spotted definitive fix for the damn pesky internal mic coming on when I arm a track with fretlless Bass/Sampletank ( for example) running as a plug. Tearing my hair out here. Any tips greatly appreciated ( everything up to date running on brand new IPad Air)

Cheers,
na
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

sodium
Expert

Re: Infernal internal mic coming in!!

Post by sodium » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:51 am

Bump! Come on my auria peeps.... I needs your input....:)

Seriously, am just starting a three week project and this glitch is a big deal...and also realise I'm in Australia so am on the wrong side of the time line....but yeah,any insight will be very very welcome...:)

TIA

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:46 am

Hey Sodium,

have you tried going into your iPad settings > Privacy > Microphone and switch it off for Auria?

Apologies if you've already tried this :)

Aaron

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:06 am

It's like Aaron posted. Switching the mic off makes it impossible to record a signal from the iPads internal mic. Although it is still selectable in the input matrix as an input souce but no sound will record into the track or monitor audio from the internal mic. I think Rim might want to have that input not available or greyed out in the input matrix if the mic has been switched off in settings. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:23 am

I'm pretty sure this is an as-yet undiscussed bug with either iOS 8 or Auria.

Basically it seems a few apps that use iAA have the mic left on and so become impossible to use with Auria.

Final Touch is one of those apps that is now useless as it stands with Auria, I'm guessing this is the same with the apps you use. I would suggest an email to the app developer to try to resolve the issue.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Thank you kind people of auria land :D

I was under the impression there was no option to deactivate the iPad internal muc but have done so and will report back findings after today's tracking session. Hopefully that will have it sorted.

Muchas gracias!!!.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:10 pm

@Mtingle. I just loaded Final Touch into Auria's Master strip and it worked fine for me. I even switched the mic off for Final Touch in settings and it still worked. Not sure why yours isn't. I was on the beta testing team for Final Touch and they really worked hard on their IAA connectivity. Try switching the mic in settings for Final Touch to see if you can get it to respond and re-boot your iPad. Also try running Auria in Audiobus mode. I will admit that Final Touch is running slugish within Auria but still useable. Good luck. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~*

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:05 pm

@Anthony - ah, thanks for the feedback Anthony, I'll go and try those things you suggest. Been using it a lot recently so I hope it's fixable.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Great news, that fixed it! Tnx for the help team!!!

Now on to try to get Final Touch to start behaving via Anthiny's suggestions..:)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:45 pm

One thing I did notice today in my tests with this mic issue was when I turned off the mic for Auria, I was no longer able to get a signal into Auria via the SPDIF input of my audiobox. I go from the SPDIF out of my SSL directly into my M-Audio which then records into Auria digitally. But this was not possible after turning the mic off. When I turned it back on it worked as usual. Only reason I'm posting this is something like this could appear to other users turning the mic off for Auria in settings. This may only be with digital inputs and not analog which I haven't tested yet but I will and get back to here to share my results. Cheers.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:39 am

The iPad's privacy settings affect all inputs (not only the built-in microphone). They call it Microphone, but it really should be called "Audio Input". In other words, disabling the Microphone in privacy settings disables all your audio inputs.

Rim