Some News about AURIA's MIDI SEQUENCER ???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tensixtysix
Expert

Re: Some News about AURIA's MIDI SEQUENCER ???

Post by tensixtysix » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

Will there be different editors for MIDI such as a List editor and a Note editor?
Hopefully there's going to be a Drum editor.

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Rim wrote:I am not planning on having any controller inside Auria, since almost every instrument app already has a keyboard. I saw no reason to add another one within Auria.

Rim
I was thinking and hoping for more than just the token keyboard that you see developers add, but I understand.

Perhaps you could add the ability to start recording on note entry. Why? It would be for people like me who use MIDI controller apps.

Pressing record, then scrambling to switch to the MIDI controller app as the countdown is running is a bit of an awkward way to go about things.

With a "Start recording on note entry" option in the settings you could hit record, switch to the MIDI controller app without rushing, and easily get your notes in at the start of the phrase every time.

I hope you at least consider the idea. :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:40 pm

That's a nice idea, I like it. I'll add to the wish list.

Thanks,
Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Thats such a good idea Rim, hope its in midi update

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:23 am

Rim wrote:That's a nice idea, I like it. I'll add to the wish list.

Thanks,
Rim
Great! :D

@Rim: Any chance you can review this at the same time?
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ion#p22593

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 pm

I use a hardware MIDI keyboard/controller, as I'm sure many people do. What I want to know is if there will be MIDI learn?

Will I be able to use the transport controls on my hardware to control Auria transport? (I can assign any MIDI channel and message to any of the buttons)

Will I be able to used the left, right, up, down, and enter buttons to navigate? (again, I can assign any MIDI info required to the buttons pads, and knobs)

For the person who asked about a "start record with first key press", I think a hardware controller/keyboard would save you the hassle of jumping between apps, if you were to get one, and it makes operation of apps a breeze if you get an iOS compatible one.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:06 am

Rim wrote:That's a nice idea, I like it. I'll add to the wish list.

Thanks,
Rim
Sweet! 8)
ZenLizard wrote:I think a hardware controller/keyboard would save you the hassle of jumping between apps
Controller apps like Gestrument and Changeling offer more than hardware controllers.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:14 am

If all this waiting means the MIDI sequencer implementation will have the same solid and professional quality and versatility of the audio features, I say: take your time, Rim! Been using Auria for recording and mastering live gigs on a daily basis now and am quite pleased that I don't need to carry my computer around anymore, because Auria is a real and full DAW, contrary to other half-baked iOS apps that purposely share the same category, meaning I can get real work done with it.

Although I'm quite pumped to do serious songwriting and one-man-band work with Auria, the same way I do with Logic, I'd rather wait a bit longer than have a stripped down MIDI sequencer such as iOS' GarageBand offers. So take your time, Rim, and come up with something epic for us!

All the best!

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:19 pm

sync clock, notes MIDI in /out to VSTI work ALREADY near perfect (if NO crashes...! But recovery DO WORKS...)
MIDI SEQUENCER...don't WAIT....you can UPDATE lt LATER : DO start simple...But DO
Boring to use already ONLY 1/2. midi Auria Miracle VSTI...APPS....
ALL OTHER Daws offer it but are CRAPS...both for audio, VSTI and midi ...

Easy TRICK :
AURIA NEEDS an auto-MIDI SEQUENCER more usefull than its useless automation per track ( INSTEAD Midi could easy replace that automation settings - same R/W buttons option- rather recording MIDI for any VSTI recording track)
DON't NEED a complicated software nor needing editor ( could be done by futur Apps)
BUT IT DOES NEED one recording MIDI notes option per rec Vsti audio TRACK ( 16 channels available / controlers are optional rec but Any multi midi Ch must be as received layered IN into each rec track )
the ch out will be selected from INSIDE the replaying VSTI ( as usual). Auria don't care...just record MIDI (any)TOGETHER
OR imaybe also nstead AUDIO : SHOULD "automation" be set to W (midi!) ....R (midi!) could idem switch midi reading ....
and your offer to link automation ( now midi ) to regions....FITS the needs...

THEN the AAC Apps (VSTI) will REALLY be in easier use: INSTEAD of needing to RECORD real time their audio ( many are TOO hot at once for iPad processor)
later playing each channel one by one per multipass selected INTO the app VSTI allows to Rec apps one by one : recording later VSTI AUDIO one by one will be much more useful from....SAFER
not to mention the possibility to change mind LATER about which app plays wich sound and might be re recording..
ONLY Needs a SINGLE MIDI TRACK (with multi record Ch IN layer option...the SAME way you DO now...for automation!)
an auto-setting available per VSTI as soon as it is inserted into its stereo rec audiotrack
IPAD AIR 2 can afford it .EASY

PRESONUS VSL 1818 works fine (HUB USB2) but....USB synchro gets easy Auria to crash or their sound link gets lost
Powering VSL on./0ff, sometimes booting Auria in.:out (!) gets its PERFECT recovering (anyway Auria NEVER looses datas !)

Most of the times Auria And MANY APP aswell disagree and advertise : "deconnecting " the Audiobus app....Why?
congratulation to ALL APPS that feed AURIA ....while MANY still DO crash....Auria ( WHY? you could test and prevent their use from NOT Listing it as long as ( until..!) such App is not updated - apple store does it!- )
APPS probably need SAME buffer lengh than Auria, needing to watch processor power,and once recorded...kick them out !

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:31 pm

ZenLizard wrote:I use a hardware MIDI keyboard/controller, as I'm sure many people do. What I want to know is if there will be MIDI learn?

Will I be able to use the transport controls on my hardware to control Auria transport? (I can assign any MIDI channel and message to any of the buttons)

Will I be able to used the left, right, up, down, and enter buttons to navigate? (again, I can assign any MIDI info required to the buttons pads, and knobs)

For the person who asked about a "start record with first key press", I think a hardware controller/keyboard would save you the hassle of jumping between apps, if you were to get one, and it makes operation of apps a breeze if you get an iOS compatible one.
already clock in set to AURIA midi settings starts Auria synch to ANY arranger / PC sending midi clock
Midi location is more tricky since not many external sequencer provide that midi info, but if they do...it works nice...
now...there is ALWAYS some processing gap from Auria delaying TIME deoending of how much proessing is in use....worst if setting its processing compensation ON....

Monoboy
Expert

Post by Monoboy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:34 am

Rim wrote:I am not planning on having any controller inside Auria, since almost every instrument app already has a keyboard. I saw no reason to add another one within Auria.

Rim
Rim, I'm slightly disappointed by this decision, I think it would be a good idea to actually include a midi keyboard within Auria, for workflow reasons, I may not have a midi keyboard with me on the go, and like Cubasis, i find the integrated midi keyboard a welcome addition instead of hopping back and fourth between synth and daw, please include this! I want to completely do away with Cubasis once Midi is available for Auria...even Beatmaker 2 has one.

Hope you take the request into consideration.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:15 am

Monoboy, don't you think a LPK25, QuNexus, or other mini-keyboard would be a better solution? They are light weight, small, and much better than any virtual iPad keyboard because of MIDI velocity and even aftertouch.

Monoboy
Expert

Post by Monoboy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:24 am

Phil999 wrote:Monoboy, don't you think a LPK25, QuNexus, or other mini-keyboard would be a better solution? They are light weight, small, and much better than any virtual iPad keyboard because of MIDI velocity and even aftertouch.
I actually have the Korg nanokey2, but, i also like the convenience of a virtual midi keyboard integrated within a DAW, such as Cubasis for when I dont have the nanokey2 with me.

Midi for Auria is going to be a paid upgrade right, I would have hoped something like this would be included quite honestly, really is not a great decision otherwise. On the flip side I'm still excited and cannot wait for the upgrade to be released...pricing best be right.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:28 am

Monoboy wrote:

Rim
Rim, I'm slightly disappointed by this decision, I think it would be a good idea to actually include a midi keyboard within Auria, for workflow reasons, I may not have a midi keyboard with me on the go, and like Cubasis, i find the integrated midi keyboard a welcome addition instead of hopping back and fourth between synth and daw, please include this! I want to completely do away with Cubasis once Midi is available for Auria...even Beatmaker 2 has one.

Hope you take the request into consideration.

+1
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 am

...Not to pile on here, but it does seem like a missed oportunity. Auria could have not "just" a virtual keyboard, but a really good virtual keyboard/drum pad. Something highly customizable, with all the best ideas from apps like Animoog, Thumbjamb, and Thor with a blade option, standard and custom scale options, full width and height control, mod and pitch wheel hide/reveal. A set of chord buttons for user set or key dependant chords (like Cubasis except make the chord buttons bigger or user sizable).

There are times when we don't have our hardware keyboards, no matter how portable they may be, and almost everyone agrees that the less foreground/background app switching one has to do the better. Not to mention, there are apps with great sound but crappy UIs that we'd rather bypass.
— Can you hum a few bars? —