Rock song

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Rock song

Post by supanorton » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:05 am

Just a simple rock tune here. DrumLoops HD assembled in MTDAW, guitars (ToneStack)and bass (Bias) rerecorded via AudioBus into MTDAW. Vocals recorded and song mixed in Auria, then exported to AudioShare to Final Touch, and back to AudioShare, and exported to SoundCloud. Running Auria 1.151 on iOS 7.1.2 (iPad 2). Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/anorton/five-0-fire

Jus
Expert

Re: Rock song

Post by Jus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 am

Nice1 nice bubbly tune enjoyed listening :D listened through the iPad speaker but sounded very good espcially the guitars
:mrgreen:

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:54 pm

@Jus, Thanks for the kind words and for listening.

G-master G
Expert

Post by G-master G » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:23 am

This is a really catchy song and really well recorded. Nice job. Can I ask where you recorded the vocals and what microphone you used to record them.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:36 am

G-master G wrote:This is a really catchy song and really well recorded. Nice job. Can I ask where you recorded the vocals and what microphone you used to record them.
Thanks. I recorded them in my untreated basement, with a thick blanket behind me (not convinced it helps) using Auria and the Fxpansion D-Cam channel Comp. The mic is a Shure SM7b through a CloudLifter pre into the Focusrite 2i2. I have a couple of condensers, one very good, but I like the SM7b for my voice. The CloudLifter takes the mic to another dimension, IMHO.

*edit: I also had some PSP Echo and channel strip EQ and compressor on the vox. Thanks again for listening.