Which IPad is best for auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vejichan
Expert

Which IPad is best for auria?

Post by vejichan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:35 am

IPad Air or iPad mini 3rd gen or iPad air 2?

Been hearing lots of complaints about iPad air 2

CEIsar
Expert

Re: Which IPad is best for auria?

Post by CEIsar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 am

What are the"lots of complaints"you hear?Maybe we can clear up with some myths :)

I have a Mini Retina (iOS 7.1.2) and an Air 2.And so far i'm definitely happier with the Air 2.I'm not doing a lot of Audiobus stuff (i prefer IAA)but iOS 8.1.1 runs really well.

The two flaws i have:

1.The"scrollview"bug.Look into the other thread below (http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12615)
But i notice this bug only in Auria,nothing else.Rim released a workarround for it and it's fine now but the scrolling in the mixer is currently not that smooth as it should/could.

2.Air 2 or iOS 8 doesn't release Ram properly sometimes.BUT that was on ios 8.1,i have to test a little more to see if it's still there in 8.1.1

That's another flaw i only noticed in Auria only.But there's not much left that can stress an iPad like Auria can do.

This are the only two things for me but again:i don't use Audiobus anymore and i never open more than 2-3 IAA at once to avoid problems.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:20 pm

I believe most complaints (the one's that Vegichan is referring to) were regarding Audiobus functionality that has been significantly changed due to Apple's iOS8 programming approach. The devs have already updated Audiobus, but each app that supports Audiobus must also update their apps to comply with iOS8 and the new version of Audiobus.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Yes,i'm aware there are more problems now.But the thing is that since the release of ios 8 many formally well working AB configurations are f*cked under ios 7 as well.So,in relation to this i don't think ios 8 is worse.Just different maybe ;)

And devs will focus on fixes and improvements for 8 first before fixing stuff for an abandonned OS.Imo.

Anyway,the OPs question was regarding Hardware and not iOS specifically.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm just saying
iOS 8
Is shockingly bad ATM ipad 4 with an average project I keep getting CPU warnings every few mins
And that's with CPU at 30% it just goes Theres a bad bug somewhere
and when you arm a track well the CPU display goes haywire

I mixed down two separate projects yesterday all was playing fine go back into one of them projects todaythey don't even play CPU warning instantly :cry: I had to please read below

Killing all apps by double clicking the home button doesn't work how it used to it's like something's still working in the background even though the iPad is showing nothing
I have to double click the home button twice then switch the iPad off (not the hard reset way that don't seem to work right any more) then switch back on and that doesn't always get things and ram working right either

I keep getting bad latency (only tried with my sonic port ) comes when I shut Auria down at night and restart it next morning mostly

Also IAA
If you use two apps in a channel strip and restart auria you quite often corrupt that project
Ad480 with stereo designer for example.
But if you use the ad480 in the channel strip and stereo disigner in a sub group everything loads ok on restart

It's a real pain to use Auria ATM got to say :?
What have they done