The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BGR
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by BGR » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Rim wrote:Thanks, great suggestion. I've just coded this in less than a minute ;) It'll be in the update after this one.

Rim
Extremely cool. Already tried it and it works really well.

Do you think that you could do the same with the knobs? TouchKnob=CurrentLevel?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Yep, on my list, but a bit more difficult so it didn't make it into that update.

Rim

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:23 pm

It's hard to get all the way through this thread but what I am missing is numbered or named markers and next button, so I can give each significant event a marker and move through them with a couple of buttons. Thank you

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Probably already said but 60 tracks (or more than 48) would be great. Thanks Rim.

Zarkow

Post by Zarkow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 pm

How about some retina graphics for the UI about now? Seriously, it's litterally been *years* since the first request for this on this forum.

What gives?

It's not just "eye candy" either, working in a clear and sharp environment makes a huge difference. It's not OK for an audio recording app aspiring to professional use standards to lag behind on this, not to this degree.

Please make a proper UI a priority for the next update.

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:43 pm

The reason I chose not to use retina graphics in Auria was because of two important consideration: memory usage and issues with USB devices on older models. On the iPad 2, 3 and original mini, there's a well known Core Audio issue which causes audio glitches when using USB devices. It only happens when iOS processes a large amount of memory at any given time. In my testing, I found that the problem got worse when retina graphics were used. Most likely this happens because retina graphics use four times as much RAM to display a given image, and this extra memory burst made the bug more likely to appear. It's a rare bug, but when it appears, it's frustrating. I took great lengths in Auria to save emory bandwidth where possible, and skipping retina support made a big difference.

The second reason was simply memory usage. Because using retina takes four times as much RAM to display an image compared to non-retina, it would cause more memory issues for users. Auria pushes the limit in what's possible when it comes to pro audio on a tablet, and every bit counts. When you've got only 50MB free on a very large project, it's nice to know that retina graphics aren't making it impossible for you to load that project.

Rim

Zarkow

Post by Zarkow » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:27 pm

For bitmap images, sure, retina images are four times the load for the same screen real estate. So use vector graphics.

Yes, it would take more work, remaking how the UI renders, but come on. There are no other apps in the entire App Store that dares present such a shoddy look anymore. It's time to fix it.

No really. It's time.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:57 pm

The next Auria version is completely vector, so you'll get your wish ;) But skeumorphic GUIs like the current Auria version rule out using vector graphics...

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:16 am

I've never felt the UI was weak in Auria, in fact Auria's UI is very intuitive and one of the reasons it's such a joy to use. It well thought out and pleasing to look at.

I would never of known it was not retina graphics until someone told me.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:44 am

What mtingle said. Also, what Rim said...I'm all for performance over enhanced graphics.

In any event, it appears that the new version will satisfy both requirements. Nice goin', Rim!! :D

Best regards,

Mike

Fridberg

Post by Fridberg » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:30 am

Hi,

I'm new here at the forum. I only use Auria for classical recordings, often in churches. My main microphone is a Pearl DS60. It's a four channel microphone and I really love it! My (little) problem is that I often record in MS-stereo and often only with one microphone. I can't find an elegant way to do a MS-matrix. Instead of recording 4 channels I have to record 6. It works but not elegant.

In post production I always use ProTools 11 and there I have a preset for MS.

My only wish is to have pan on subgroups and also to group subgroups. Another wish is to send from one subgroup to another sub.

I use RME UFX and OctaMic XTC, both compatible with CC-mode and iPad.

Regards
Pär Fridberg
Stockholm
Sweden

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:45 am

Great news about the vector graphics @rim. Will that actually go further in reducing RAM overhead (perhaps at the expense of a little bit of processing bump?).

Either way, hopefully it makes your gui life easier in the long run.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:38 pm

drock wrote:Probably already said but 60 tracks (or more than 48) would be great. Thanks Rim.
+1

Base16
Expert

Post by Base16 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Rim whatever you guys have to do with vector graphics (got a feeling that means the "iOS 7" look),I hope it's a really great looking new skin that appeals to the all day Auria worker. Retina is in but I have tons of confidence you'll work your way through it.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:54 pm

Any chance of adding an expand to full screen button to the plugin windows? It would really help with the Overloud plug in particular.