File management help

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

John Platko

File management help

Post by John Platko » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 am

I recently bought drumagog and I'm having trouble figuring out how to manage gog files. I'm able to use ITunes to add gog files but I only know how to put them in the Auria root directory. I don't know how to transverse the folder hierarchy, that is, open the gog folder and folders under that and access gog files that lurk there. Or create new folders etc. I'm not even sure how to delete some of the original gog files that came with drumagog that I won't be using.

Please excuse this basic question but how is this done?

Corey W
Expert

Re: File management help

Post by Corey W » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm

John,
Working within iOS doesn't allow as much flexibility with file management opposed to OSX and Windows. Apple wants it this way. For a workaround, you can download a program called i-funbox (http://i-funbox.com/) that gives you full access to the file management system in your iPad.
Once you download and install, you would be looking specifically for "(Your) iPad" > User Applications > Auria > Documents > Gog Files
In the Gog files folder you can then rename, delete, organize and add folders as you see fit.

Corey

John Platko

Post by John Platko » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Corey W wrote:John,
Working within iOS doesn't allow as much flexibility with file management opposed to OSX and Windows. Apple wants it this way. For a workaround, you can download a program called i-funbox (http://i-funbox.com/) that gives you full access to the file management system in your iPad.
Once you download and install, you would be looking specifically for "(Your) iPad" > User Applications > Auria > Documents > Gog Files
In the Gog files folder you can then rename, delete, organize and add folders as you see fit.

Corey

Thanks Corey, that explains my experience.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:48 am

John,
Just to clarify about using i-funbox, make sure you are very careful about where you are putting new files and moving others when organizing. Drumagog for Auria has its files organized in a very specific way, there is no customization in this arena when working on the iPad. There is a folder called "Gog Files" (in Auria's main folder> Documents> Gog Files). Inside this folder are category named folders (Kick, Snare, Crashes, etc...), inside which, you will find the actual Gog Files. When you add more gog files to drumagog they have to be in one of these category folders or you can create new folders inside the Gog Files folder. Drumagog for Auria does not support "nested" folders, meaning you can't have folders, inside folders, inside folders, which then contain gog files. Follow this example:

-Main Auria Folder
----Documents
--------Gog Files
------------Kick Drums
----------------kick1.gog
----------------kick2.gog
------------Snare Drums
----------------snare1.gog
----------------snare2.gog

You can rename files and folders here, just make sure they stay in the correct place. Enjoy!

Corey

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:01 am

Corey W wrote:...Auria and Drumagog will only follow single file paths when looking for files, there is no customization in this arena when working on the iPad...
What are "single file paths", @Corey W ? :?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Washboy,
I edited my above post to clarify...

-Corey

John Platko

Post by John Platko » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Corey W wrote:John,
Just to clarify about using i-funbox, make sure you are very careful about where you are putting new files and moving others when organizing. Drumagog for Auria has its files organized in a very specific way, there is no customization in this arena when working on the iPad. There is a folder called "Gog Files" (in Auria's main folder> Documents> Gog Files). Inside this folder are category named folders (Kick, Snare, Crashes, etc...), inside which, you will find the actual Gog Files. When you add more gog files to drumagog they have to be in one of these category folders or you can create new folders inside the Gog Files folder. Drumagog for Auria does not support "nested" folders, meaning you can't have folders, inside folders, inside folders, which then contain gog files. Follow this example:

-Main Auria Folder
----Documents
--------Gog Files
------------Kick Drums
----------------kick1.gog
----------------kick2.gog
------------Snare Drums
----------------snare1.gog
----------------snare2.gog

You can rename files and folders here, just make sure they stay in the correct place. Enjoy!

Corey
Thanks, I managed to set things up.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:25 pm

@Corey W: Thanks for the clarification :)