ETA on MIDI integration?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Waterbound

Re: ETA on MIDI integration?

Post by Waterbound » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 am

sELF wrote:@theconnatic ..In fact, for now, I simply wanted a midi real time recorder for AB. But, could only find step sequencers. Although I hear on iPadMusician, on FB, that one is coming soon. I caved in and bought Cubasis. I hope any audio recording I do in there will be solid, before I transfer into Auria! And the midi thing, I'm still exploring. No Fabfilter = an unfinished track in my current opinion :mrgreen: What sequencer are you using in AB by the way?
At the sale price, Cubasis was a good deal and another tool to add to our collections :)
One thing we won't find with Steinberg [compared to Auria] is the 'PHENOMENAL' support we have always received with Rim, that alone is worth its weight in gold. Rim and Auria support set the bar high for that kind of development and customer service and that is compared to all app developers IMO. :)

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:20 pm

@theconnactic Have you ever even tried Cubasis yet? whats so poor about the automation and editing? In no way am I saying Auria isnt a great audio daw, but I dont see what makes Cubasis " not up to the task " of capturing live audio? I may have to post some tracks to counter that statement, lol.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 am

Also ended up buying Cubasis to bridge the gap. But I have spent plenty on the Auria plugs, so I'll be back!

Cubasis is an ugly beast IMO, but it does work and seems to be reliable.

Dominic

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:44 pm

You'll be back soon, unless you're willing to try and pull a supernatural trick by mixing/mastering with Cubasis. :p Of course, you can always resort to Logic or whaterver Desktop DAW you have...

And by the way, Strizbiz, I believe in miracles, as you can see: I truly believe you made a full and hi-quality track with Cubasis only. You don't even have to show me - I believe, and you take it as a compliment, because I did try Cubasis, and stand for every word I said since I started posting here in this topic. In fact, I think even Garageband puts me closer to my needs, since the smart instruments really rock - as long as I can mix the tracks and master with Auria.

All th best!

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi, Rim -

I am hopeful that Auria will allow the use of IAA instruments to record and playback MIDI...and hopefully VSTi·s made for iOS in the not-too-distant future.

I tried using the MIDI Editor in Meteor. The only instruments available are the built-in ones; there is no way to access IAAs unless you are recording audio only. I am unsure as to whether Cubasis works this way as well, as I do not own the product (having chosen to wait for MIDI in Auria :wink: ).

Any chance you can shed even a glimmer of light on the subject...? :D

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi Mike,

Auria will definitely allow you to output midi to IAAs, and also receive midi from IAAs.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Many, many thanks, Rim! U R Da Mán!!! I knew it would be worth the wait...but....

'ØwLongIGottaWaittttttt?!?!?! :lol:

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:39 am

sooo... any news? tidbits? scraps from the table?

:oops:

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Just wanted to toss this in: I'm also incredibly curious about MIDI in Auria, and it's pretty obvious that as soon as that is finished, Auria will be the absolute and indisputable IOS DAW reference. Combined with the superb audio effects and editing available, far better than in the C-ompetition ;-), I don't think there's any doubt Auria will be "king" :-)

Rim is probably already looking for villas for sale in Hawaii (or Tarifa / Spain, for that matter. I don't think Hawaii can be much better :-))

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:39 pm

not sure about villas, but what I expect it's not an easy task. As they always say, it's ready when it's ready.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Also Rim any work on the sneak peak of the new look for Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:51 am

Sorry, no sneak peak yet - haven't even started on the graphics.

Rim

Monoboy
Expert

Post by Monoboy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:55 am

Cant wait for midi implementation, i'm gonna set a date in my head around march or April 2015 :)

Pile63

Post by Pile63 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:09 am

Use this app with Auria.

http://msequencer.blogspot.se/

You can control the start and stop with in Auria. It works great.

Check out this tutorial from Anthony Alves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V50_MjrFnec

DrowningForest

Post by DrowningForest » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:28 am

Hi
Its now nearly a year since I invested in Auria. I am becoming increasingly irritated waiting on midi sequencer implementation. I think a year is quite a long time for people who've invested in a product and it still hasnt appearred. I have no problems with In App purchases so the extra cost isnt an issue.