Plug-ins "forget" their settings

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mccauley1983

Plug-ins "forget" their settings

Post by mccauley1983 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello Rim (and everyone else!),

Just recently ran into a couple of issues with plug-in settings after updating to the most recent version of iOS. While mixing (it seems to happen while freezing/unfreezing tracks to make adjustments, though I'm not 100% sure of this), the track in question will spontaneously dump all of the settings for all of its plug-ins. For example, a guitar track had Pro-Q, Stereo Delay and Pro-C enabled. Suddenly during playback the delay effect time reverted back to it's default opening settings. Upon closer inspection, all three plug-ins had reverted to their default settings. No biggie, I thought, I'll just load the most recent snapshot so that I can start from my last save point. No dice. The settings were cleared in every previous snapshot as well, so I just need to start from scratch with my eq, compression and delay settings for that track. All other tracks appeared to be unaffected.

Not the end of the world, but it has happened three times now, so I thought it might be worth mentioning. I've also noticed that since the iOS update, Auria seems to need many more tracks to be frozen before it can play through a track without stopping. Simple actions that didn't cause a problem before (like swiping to scroll to the end of the track view so that I can access the master buss while the track is playing) now causes Auria to stop and ask me to freeze tracks. Strange, no? Not sure if these are related items or not. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Stephen

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Plug-ins "forget" their settings

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Have you also upgraded to ios8? I can't think of a reason why the cpu usage would be higher, since I haven't changed anything in this update that would do that. As for the plugins loosing settings, which plugin is it? Is this repeatable? If so, let me know how to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Rim

Duke21
Expert

Post by Duke21 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 am

Hello.

I've run into the same kind of problem, which is really a big issue.
I'm working on mixing/ mastering a song, there are several tracks, 17 actually, 5min song. I've lost my progress on this song several times due to Auria not saving the changes I've done to the project:
1) I've been splitting a track and deleting some chunks. Opening Auria, the track is back to where it was, thus the changes I've done are gone.
2) Been doing some stuff with FABfilters, the Pro Q, Pro MB and Pro C. After I've been freezing the tracks, opening Auria the next time the filters are back to default values.
3) I've also experienced that I've applied plugins to tracks and Auria "forgot" about these changes.

Saving snapshots didn't help regarding the plugins values.
I use latest iOS8 and latest Auria version (1.154)
I'm using iPad 4 64GB and have over 4GB free. cpu load seem to be normal.

Duke21
Expert

Post by Duke21 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:34 am

An other weird issue is that frozen tracks do not play sound at the start of the song, some comes in later on. If I un freeze the tracks the play sound when they suppose to, but the plugins value is reset to default.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:07 am

If you have a project you could send me where this happens, please do - I would love to see this so I can fix it if it's a bug.

You can send it to my dropbox: rim at drumagog dot com.

Thanks,
Rim