Bouncing tracks or subgroups: is it possible?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Bouncing tracks or subgroups: is it possible?

Post by theconnactic » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 pm

The title pretty much sums it up: how to route a channel or subgroup output to a stereo channel for a protools-like "online" bounce? Or even to record the output of a given effect, like a delay, for instance, to pan it away from the dry signal (useful for fattening, tempo-related chorusing etc), the way I do with Logic or ProTools?

All the best!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bouncing tracks or subgroups: is it possible?

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:36 am

Sure, there are two ways to accomplish this:

1. Using the Mixdown feature. Just set your project up the way you want it to be bounced (the the proper tracks or subgroups solo'd), then do a mixdown using the Mixdown feature, and select the Import as Track option

2. Choose L/R as an input in the input matrix, then record onto a track. Instead of the input coming from an external audio interface or the microphone, it will come from the L/R (Master) bus.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:39 am

Yes, solo the track or tracks (or subgroup ), then choose mix down and select the appropriate options, such as bit rate, mono or stereo, make the bounce a new track, etc.
As for the effect only, I suppose you could set it to 100% wet and do the same thing, I never thought about that but will try it sometime as it is a useful idea.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:28 am

Thank you, guys! Rim, would be great if you add some advanced routing features in an eventual major update, so the whole process becomes less convoluted, if you forgive me the lousy pun. For now, these workarounds will surely improve my workflow, since I was having to do it using my hardware, lol.

All the best!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:37 am

Always happy to add additional features. Can you describe what you have in mind in terms of additional routing that would help?

Thanks,
Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 pm

The ability to send tracks to multiple buses (a matrix, with adjustable send amount on each) would be awesome. Also the ability to change plugin order, and rather than a straight "freeze," which is useful, the addition of a "bounce in place," so you could bounce down to not a new track but the current track. Call it "commitment to effects mode." Had to sneak those requests into the conversation. ;-)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks. Good suggestions for sure.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:06 pm

I'll expect them on my desk Monday morning. ;-)

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:08 pm

I subscribe mrufino1, and add this: the ability to route the output of any track or subgroup, and even effects if possible, to any other track or subgroup. E.g.: an audio/instrument (when MIDI arrives) track sent to a bus track - or one of the currently available subgroup tracks - for a delay to be applied in a 100% wet setting, and the output of this bus/subgroup track to be routed to another audio track for panning or further processing.

All the best!

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:32 am

Please don't forget to add panning of Subgroups/Auxes...even on the Master Channel. :)

Sorry...I know this is not the Wishlist thread.... :mrgreen:

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 am

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions!

Rim