Midi sequencer and virtual instruments

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Midi sequencer and virtual instruments

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 am

This is a common case of running out of RAM on your iPad. Once the iPad runs out of RAM, it will start to kill off apps that are running. It's very important to make sure there are no other apps running in the background when you start using Auria. Double-tap on your home button, and close everything you see there. Including things like Safari, App Store, etc. If you see Auria in that list, close it too. Once the list is empty, then launch Auria.

Rim

DrowningForest

Post by DrowningForest » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am

Hi folks,
I bought Auria just under a year ago! I have been patiently waiting for a Midi Sequencer to be added so have reverted back to another app to get the functions I require. I dont think its too much to ask considering the amount of time Ive waited to get a release date for these updates. I bought this app under the impression that a proper midi sequencer update would follow in a reasonable amount of time. But its almost a year now and Im none the wiser. Can somebody confirm anything with a concrete date please? Tdf

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 am

Same situation as before: it's coming, but no ETA...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 pm

The only thing I can say is I'm still working on it. I've got a lot finished, but there's still work to be done. If I give you a date, there's a very good chance I'll blow it :) so I don't do that anymore ... As I've mentioned from the very beginning, the midi functionality will be a paid upgrade, as Auria was never originally intended to have midi, but I can assure you you won't be disappointed with the upgrade when it's ready.

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 pm

As for me, I wouldn't expect for nothing less than professional-grade (desktop grade, that is) MIDI features, on par with the pro-level audio features Auria already has. For this high quality, I am more than willing to wait. But that's only me. :)

All the best!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:10 pm

P.S.: by the way, Rim, what about some kind of microphone-induced velocity control for MIDI, in the same way Impactor does its magic? No real-time velocity is kind of underwhelming, and Garageband's solution - the accelerometer - is quite a bit unreliable and offers poor expression control. Now, if it's possible to use the mic to get velocity input from the ipad, without the need of an external keyboard, it would be epic! Please tell me there's at least some hope. :D

All the best!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 am

A possibility. Keep in mind that I invented that technology. It's called VelAUcity.

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Very cool, and good to know. Obviously that velocity control would rather be an option for we to switch on and off, for CPU resouces sake, and for those of us who sketch MIDI parts when in noisy places.

All the best!

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 am

Rim wrote:The only thing I can say is I'm still working on it. I've got a lot finished, but there's still work to be done. If I give you a date, there's a very good chance I'll blow it :) so I don't do that anymore ... As I've mentioned from the very beginning, the midi functionality will be a paid upgrade, as Auria was never originally intended to have midi, but I can assure you you won't be disappointed with the upgrade when it's ready.

Rim
Throw us a scrap, a screenshot... Somethin'... :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:31 am

Definitely will. Graphics not done yet, but when I have something I will for sure.

Rim