Before installing iOS8

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Before installing iOS8

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:26 am

I don't recommend installing iOS8 until after the upcoming Auria update (1.152). The main issue is lack of Audiobus support (Audiobus updated their SDK, so you need the latest version of Auria to support it).

The issues we've seen with running the previous Auria version with iOS8:

- No Audiobus support
- Issues with using the Auria in Portrait mode
- Some rare issues with Load Project and Import Audio screens

I've submitted an update to Apple, and it's currently waiting for review, so we're hoping to get it approved soon.

Rim

jsol
Expert

Re: Before installing iOS8

Post by jsol » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 am

Great thank you.
Gotta say, I did update to ios8 however, so far, no issues. I don't really use audiobus.

JSol.

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 am

Rim,

If Apple decides to release a bigger ipad such as the speculated ipad pro, if the screen size would increase to 12-13 inches, will Auria still be compatible?

JSol.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 am

jsol wrote:Great thank you.
Gotta say, I did update to ios8 however, so far, no issues. I don't really use audiobus.

JSol.
Ditto, other than the Audiobus error when launching a few apps, so far working great, ncluding auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 am

Good to hear. @JSol, it's hard to say, as Apple doesn't provide details on upcoming models, but I would assume so.

Rim

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:21 am

That's Apple for you, very secretive :)

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:54 am

The biggest issue I've found so far is that the Auria native versions of WOW2 and Turnado are completely broken (all presets gone, the UI's not working, crashes Auria) on iPad Air iOS 8. The FabFilter stuff seemed to be OK. I didn't venture beyond that, I'm waiting until the update hits before opening Auria again, no rush here. :)

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

ChrisG wrote:The biggest issue I've found so far is that the Auria native versions of WOW2 and Turnado are completely broken (all presets gone, the UI's not working, crashes Auria) on iPad Air iOS 8. The FabFilter stuff seemed to be OK. I didn't venture beyond that, I'm waiting until the update hits before opening Auria again, no rush here. :)
Chris, you are one ballsy dude. :D

Good luck after Auria update hits.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Chris,

Can you describe in more detail what's wrong with the Turnado and WOW2 plugins? I'd like to let Sugar Bytes know about the issue, so the more detail the better.

I see that the presets are missing, but I can't get it to crash. Also, you mentioned some GUI issues?

Thanks,
Rim

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 pm

"Presets are missing"... sounds suspiciously like someone hardcoded one of the directories like "Documents", I seem to remember reading that in iOS 8, the directory structure has changed and you need to use some API to get to those paths, but I haven't yet checked in my own apps. I definitely should :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Quite possible.. I've emailed them, and am waiting for them to respond.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Assuming the presets haven't been erased - merely "hidden" - can you find them using iFunBox, then move them to the appropriate directory?

HTH,

Mike

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:12 am

Rim wrote:Chris,

Can you describe in more detail what's wrong with the Turnado and WOW2 plugins? I'd like to let Sugar Bytes know about the issue, so the more detail the better.

I see that the presets are missing, but I can't get it to crash. Also, you mentioned some GUI issues?

Thanks,
Rim
Sorry, forgot about this thread! Yea so the presets are missing, both the global presets inside plugs and "sub-presets" for anything inside the plugins (like each of the 20 effects modules in Turnado will have their own sub set of presets for instance). What happened first was that I couldn't drag any of the effects in Turnado out unto the boxes, they just got stuck floating. I tried again today, and got the same behavior, but after a little while it sorted itself out. Have no idea what caused that, as I couldn't reproduce it again. Trying to change the, now empty, sub-presets on one of the effect boxes in Turnado by taping on one of the small arrows will crash Auria, which is most likely what I did the other day, accidentally hitting one of those tiny arrows.

KeniPad
Expert

Post by KeniPad » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:11 am

Just out of curiosity, why were some apps ready for iOS 8 and others not? I just want to understand the process as it seems that 80% -85% of my music apps were not ready for this update. I promise I won't argue the point :) I just want to understand how it all works. Looking forward to the update and I'm glad that interApp audio seems okay. I did notice that the convolution reverb became a little unfriendly again after I updated to iOS 8. It started burping again, sound-wise.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Ok, first off, I'm in noooooooo rush to update to IOS8, lol especially considering how laggy everything audio related became when IOS7 launched. I think a lot of things didnt get ironed out until 7.1.1 or something. Having stated that, I do have a question for anyone who was brave enough to update to IOS8. My question is ITunes related. I'm still on Mountain Lion ( 10.8.5) and really have been avoiding Maverick like the black plague , Ive just heard of things not working from friends as well as online threads. Getting to the point, lol, is there some kind of thing Apple didnt mention considering Itunes, like you have to update to a newer version of Itunes to sync, or rather a version of Itunes that can only run on Mavericks?
When I updated to IOS7 I couldn't sync because I couldn't update to the latest version of Itunes at the time, because my Mac at the time was too dated ( I did need to update my Mac anyways ) but to make a long story short ( I know, too late lol) I dont want to be forced to update to Maverick to sync my Ipad and Mac-book Pro. thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this. I'm on no rush to jump to Yosemite either actually.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac