iPhone 6 Plus support

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Re: iPhone 6 Plus support

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 pm

mtingle wrote:how about an iphone project player for the iphone? (play - stop - rewind controls only)

That way you could load a project up onto dropbox and then be able to review songs while on the move through the iphone. When you get back home you load up the project on the ipad and make any changes.

It might also act as a convenient way to remotely share song or mix ideas with people.
Why not just bounce a mix to Dropbox and listen to it? I use cloud player for exactly that purpose.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:06 am

mrufino1 wrote:
mtingle wrote:how about an iphone project player for the iphone? (play - stop - rewind controls only)

That way you could load a project up onto dropbox and then be able to review songs while on the move through the iphone. When you get back home you load up the project on the ipad and make any changes.

It might also act as a convenient way to remotely share song or mix ideas with people.
Why not just bounce a mix to Dropbox and listen to it? I use cloud player for exactly that purpose.
well, I guess there would be other functions available to a .project file player than an mp3 mixdown. this would be down to implementation.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:46 pm

I guess what I'm not understanding is what a project file player would do if you weren't able to make changes to the project. In that case, wouldn't listening to a stereo mix from Dropbox, made on your iPad, serve the same purpose? I may be misunderstanding your intent.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:36 pm

mrufino1 wrote:I guess what I'm not understanding is what a project file player would do if you weren't able to make changes to the project. In that case, wouldn't listening to a stereo mix from Dropbox, made on your iPad, serve the same purpose? I may be misunderstanding your intent.
did you read my last reply? Here it is again incase you missed it:
well, I guess there would be other functions available to a .project file player than an mp3 mixdown. this would be down to implementation.
I can see this idea of a iphone player (edit screenless) Auria player has perhaps given Rim some food for thought. maybe it opens the door to collaborative song type ideas.

Try not to overthink it mrufino1, they're just ideas...

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:59 am

Mix ideas are cool, total mobile studio solution. This would make it appealing to big timers over Protools since everyone is busy and this would be the ultimate solution to mix, master, collaborations. I'm sure more audio interfaces will be added to the hardware list in order to dominate and appeal towards music professionionals into the Auria arena.

JSol.

Briankuzma

Post by Briankuzma » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:06 am

iPhone idea:

Why not make an auria app for the iPhone simply for tracking on an iPhone. Minimalistic yet compatible with the iPad app. The app would be stripped down to only volume and panning. As soon as the file is opened in an iPad though, it would have access to all features. This would definitely appeal to a lot of people and should be simple to develop.

Please Auria!? :)

eltenore

Post by eltenore » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:21 am

Dear Rim!

I would need the access to auria with an IPhone 6(s) (plus)

Please! You don't know how much more is going to grow your company and the rents

Thank you!!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:05 pm

The problem afaik is:there is no way of making auria running on a 6+ without INCLUDING all other iphones of the last years as well.There is no"made for 6+"category in the app store,it's iphones and ipads.All or nothing.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX