Listening CPU noise

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Listening CPU noise

Post by Sinapsya » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi Rim,
When I mixing with Auria without audio Interface on The go with my headphones (AIAIAI TMA-1) I can listen too much CPU noise. And I can listen it only with Auria, I try Cubasis, Beatmaker 2, Meteor, etc.
Do you think it depends to Auria, I use more plug-ins but The CPU Meter is only 50%...
What do you think?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Listening CPU noise

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Can you elaborate on what you mean by CPU noise? Are you hearing noise in your headphones? What does it sound like?

Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 am

Just open all goes well, silence.
Then more work and more noise increases.
is like a ticking inside a flanfer with a background noise, the more I make things more complicated and increases the speed of the ticking, then stop when it slows down but does not stop, it's still slower than the background.
I'm talking about a very low noise, almost imperceptible, but annoying for someone like me with the fixed audio perfection.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:46 am

If it's only something you hear when using headphones plugged into the iPad, and the noise is gone when using an interface, then it must be an iPad issue. The headphone driver circuit in the iPad is good and very clean, but it has its limitations.

Probably the reason you hear it more when using Auria is because Auria makes use of the CPU more than other audio apps (Auria's plugins in particular).

Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:44 am

I have an iPad 4, so with Lightning... which audio interface do you recommend to mix with headphones on the go?