ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mac Ari
Expert

Re: ASK THE RECORDING EXPERTS

Post by Mac Ari » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:53 am

I'm getting an error message when I try and access convolution reverb; it says, "convolution reverb cannot be used in Audiobus mode due to the low latency requirements in Audiobus." I've exited the program and I cancelled out of Audiobus, but I'm still getting this message. Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I miss my convolution reverb!!
Last edited by Mac Ari on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Check "Menu -> Settings -> Audiobus Mode" or look just to the left of the project name (in Mixer View) for the word "Audiobus" in yellow.

EDIT: [Deleted]

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Washboy wrote:Check "Menu -> Settings -> Audiobus Mode" or look just to the left of the project name (in Mixer View) for the word "Audiobus" in yellow.

EDIT: [Deleted]
Awesome. So I guess you can't be running Audiobus Mode and use the convolution reverb?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:16 pm

The convolution reverb requires a large buffer size (4096), and Audiobus doesn't support sizes that large.

Rim

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:26 am

Rim wrote:The convolution reverb requires a large buffer size (4096), and Audiobus doesn't support sizes that large.

Rim
Thanks, guess that answers that.

copeland

New to recording

Post by copeland » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Hello:
First of all, I've been immensely helped by this forum as I get my 'studio' up and running. I'm a drummer, and am new to recording myself.
I've managed to get some tracks down, but am not pleased with the sound. Tuning fine, seem to be getting a good signal - just not certain how to get the sound I'm hearing on many of the tracks here on the forum.

Is there a place here on the board where I can post the track and get some guidance from the recording experts? I didn't know if that's this thread - or the one where folks are posting their music. I hesitate to post there, as most of those sound like finished product.

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:29 am

copeland wrote:
Is there a place here on the board where I can post the track and get some guidance from the recording experts?

Hi there, go ahead and post your stuff on the 'Active Demo/Masters' in the user submitted songs thread, it's never a bad idea to get a fresh set of ears involved!

Aaron

sutrobath
Expert

HEELP!!Cant get IRig Pro Keys to play/record in Auria

Post by sutrobath » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm

I have tried/researched every angle to no avail.

I open AUDIOBUS
I put SUPER MANETRON as the IN
I put AURIA as the OUT
I ARM my track to record
I go into the Auria MIDI settings and arm my track
I go into AURIA settings and turn on all the AUDIOBUS features listed.
I go into the EDIT function on IRIG KEYS and select EDIT, then hit MIDI, then select the #6 key and enter, as track 6 is the track in Auria I am wanting to record to.

Nothing...but I can hear and play SUPER MANETRON via fingertips and hear audio, although 1/2 the time I hit a note it plays, the other times it does not. I have tried touching keys harder/softer/at the bottom of the ke/in the middle of the key, etc. It is impossible to play anything for more than a measure without it not responding or responding for a second before losing the audio or, my personal favorite,n the entire keyboard SLIDING to the left or right off the ipad screen. They make it look so simple, but Im starting to think about going back to a desktop.

Not only that, but 1/2 the time my internal ipad mini MIC comes on and and I can hear everything bleeding into track 6.

I knew there would be a serious learning curve but this is getting ridiculous. I have spent hundreds of hours in pro studios as well as hundreds of hours home recording via a Akai 24 track, but this is killing me. I have the Manual, and I subscribe to the tutorials on LYNDA, but nothing addresses these issues.

On a positive note, recording using the APOGEE ONE into AURIA is simple and straight forward. Sounds amazing.

Washboy
Expert

Re: HEELP!!Cant get IRig Pro Keys to play/record in Auria

Post by Washboy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:24 pm

EDIT: Reply moved to dedicated thread.

Celestine Audio

Post by Celestine Audio » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 am

Hello,

One of my friends has some external processors (compressor, EQ, delay) that he wants to use recording with an iPad and asked me if Auria was able to use external processors as inserts.

I do have Auria and use it most of the times I need a real DAW, but since I have no external processors I have no knowledge about using external inserts.

So, the questions are:

1. Can Auria, as a DAW, capable of using hardware inserts?

2. If so, can you provide me with an example of how to do it?

3. If it does not have the capability, can it be added as an IAP?

Thanks!

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:54 pm

it's the same like in any desktop DAW. If your audio interface has more than two outputs you can route some of them to outboard gear, and return it to the inputs.

It's not a question about Auria, it's about hardware.

Remnant60

Post by Remnant60 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Higgy wrote:Hi all, this is my first cry for help & I'm sure there will be many others! :)
I have some old recordings from the 60s & 70s of my father singing, some recordings are terrible, they are Instruments miked up with vocals from different rooms.
I was wondering if I could restore them, make them sound a bit better than they are.
I have Auria & about 80% of the plugins.
I'm thinking I could use Auria in some way to accomplish this Mission.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you :)
CoolEdit first, then dump into Auria

A user critique of the program (back then-it's been updated a gagillion times since then...
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1997_ar ... ledit.html

There have been a bunch of updates to this old piece of SW for Windoz, but I used this share-ware version to save live cassette recordings using both boom-boxes and the old Fostex X-15 from back in the '70's and '80's and get them into the digital realm.

Really appreciated the "Silence" mode the program had...got rid of 60 Hz, back-ground noise (if you had a long enough sample)

CoolEdit is great for getting rid of all sorts of scuz that's on the original recording, back in the day I would have to run the recording through it a couple of times because the share-ware version only allowed you to do one thing at a time.

Hope this helps,
Remnant (not an expert, and never will be, but was paid to do this in a previous life)

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi,
my question may seem to be rather dumb for some of you but I'm new to the MAO world on iPad and Auria especially.
Here it is : I have some finished projects on Intua BeatMaker 2, containing multiples differents audio sources : wave and aiff imported audio, iOS apps recordings via Audiobus or IAA... Now I want to transfer these projects into Auria. My question is : is it better to record each BM2 tracks, using the Auria strip channel ( and then take advantage of the PSP strip), or should I import the individuals audio files recorded in BM2, and aplly EQ, compression, FX and so on... after ?
Thank you for your attention,
Best Regards

Cyril777

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Re-recording the tracks into Auria via the channel strip will not gain you anything other than it will take awhile to do the re-recording. Auria's PsP channel stip is only active when the FX light is on and your using one of the three included PsP plugins that are found on the channel strip. If the FX light is off than Auria is just recording audio via the iPad. However once you have imported all the tracks into Auria and then mix those tracks using the PsP channel strip Eq, Comp, Expander, Limiter, then you will be greatly affecting the recorded material but like all pro daws, the raw file still remains the same if you switch off the FX pluged in until you mix down the track or tracks that include the FX and EQ. Rim has confirmed here on the forum that Aurias recording engine is the iPads apple audio engine and that Auria neither adds or subtracts to the quality of the audio until the FX are applied then it's doing it's Auria magic. When recording directly into Auria only the quality of your audio interface will determine the quality of your audio tracks. When importing audio into Auria the interface has no affect on the audio because it's not needed so the quality if the file remains the same as it was in BM2. Cheers and hope this helped.
~~_/)~~~*

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:38 am

Thank you for your answer. For what I understand, as long as I'm not recording audio into Auria via my audio interface, it's useless to record again the Apps that I already recorded in BM2.
Thank you,
Best regards,

Cyril