Audiobus Live Monitoring

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Joepno

Audiobus Live Monitoring

Post by Joepno » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:49 am

Hi,

I am opening an audiobus preset with bs-16i as input (don't use any other inputs) and Auria as output.
The audiobus live monitoring switch is set to ON in Auria. No sound from bs-16i can be monitored. Switching audiobus live monitoring OFF and ON again will solve the problem.

best,
Joepno

Joepno

Re: Audiobus Live Monitoring

Post by Joepno » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:05 pm

am I the only one having this problem?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:08 pm

I've tried to replicate your setup (based on limited info) and, sorry, I don't get that problem (on an iPad3/iOSv7.1.2/Auria v1.151)

Are you only using bs-16i and Auria, i.e. nothing in the AB Effects slot?
Do you get the same problem if you load the apps into AB manually (not via a preset)?
Are you making sure to kill all (especially audio) apps before loading AB?
Is there a particular need for you to have AB Live Monitoring set to ON in Auria?
Do you have an audio interface connected when you get this problem? (Have you tried without?)

It might be useful if you can post a screenshot of your Auria General Settings page.

Apologies for the barrage of questions :D

Joepno

Post by Joepno » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:49 am

Hi Washboy,
many thanks for your attention. Please see my comments below.

I've tried to replicate your setup (based on limited info) and, sorry, I don't get that problem (on an iPad3/iOSv7.1.2/Auria v1.151) SAME VERSIONS EXCEPT IPAD4

Are you only using bs-16i and Auria, i.e. nothing in the AB Effects slot? YES
Do you get the same problem if you load the apps into AB manually (not via a preset)? YES
Are you making sure to kill all (especially audio) apps before loading AB? YES
Is there a particular need for you to have AB Live Monitoring set to ON in Auria? WELL, I CONTROL bs-16i FROM MY NORD STAGE VIA MIDI INTO FOCUSRITE 18i20. FROM 18i20's OUTPUT I GO INTO THE MIXER. WITHOUT AURIA ON I ALWAYS HEAR THE SOUND OF bs-16i. WIth AURIA RUNNING I HAVE TO SWITCH AUDIOBUS LIVE MONITORING OFF AND ON AGAIN.

Do you have an audio interface connected when you get this problem? (Have you tried without?) SEE ABOVE. HOW CAN I TRY THAT WITHOUT AN INTERFACE?

TX AGAIN,
joepno

Joepno

Post by Joepno » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:03 pm

I tried it by launching the apps bs16-i and AURIA without the iPad connected to anything: same problem.
I tried the same with MusicStudio as another input app in AB. Same issue. only after switching audiobus live monitoring off and on I will hear the sound of Music Studio.
Attachments
image.jpg
AURIA my general settings
image.jpg (140.5 KiB) Viewed 6177 times

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:11 pm

Yup, you're right, @Joepno!

I've tried it all again and I can confirm that although the "Audiobus Live Monitoring" setting is saved with the Auria project, that particular setting is ignored when the project is loaded (so is actually OFF). It needs to be manually re-enabled each time, as you say :(

I didn't notice at first because I'd forgotten to mute the Auria track, so I didn't realise I wasn't actually listening to the Audiobus live audio but the Auria audio instead. Sorry for the misleading earlier post :oops:

@Rim: Can you look at this, perhaps? Thanks :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks for letting me know. I'll add this to the list for the next minor update.

Rim