MTC recording? Which app

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jfu222

MTC recording? Which app

Post by jfu222 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Doesn't look like Nanostudio will synch with Auria ..just pipe audio

Does anyone have a suggestion on which other daw/sequesncer app will actually sync so I can hit play/record and both are in synch?

Cubase?

BM2?

Anything?

I just want to make my beats elsewhere and simply record other parts in Auria simultaneously .. by pressing record and activating the sequence app ... or the other way around.

Anyone?

Thanks!

jg707
Expert

Re: MTC recording? Which app

Post by jg707 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:47 pm

I don't know if his helps, but here's what I do. This is using Cubasis for my "virtual" tracks....

Instead of trying to sync, I set Auria and Cubasis to the same tempo. If I have some tracks recorded on Auria, I will do a quick mixdown to Audioshare (or Dropbox) and then load that into a empty track on Cubasis as a guide track.

From there I record my MIDI tracks and when those are done, I again do a mixdown, from Cubasis, to Audioshare, this time mixing it with the option of seperate tracks. This will create an individual file for each virtual track I created in Cubasis. Then I paste those each into their own track in Auria and we're done! *note* be sure to mute the guide track from Auria when you mix this down or it will create a file of that track as well and you don't need that.

If I'm starting with sequenced tracks, then no guide track from Auria is needed, so I just mix and paste the Cubasis tracks into a new Auria file, making sure the tempos are the same.

I know this sounds like a lot, but it's really quite easy and simple when you've done it and works like a charm. MUCH easier then trying to sync!

I hope that helps!
Jeremy :mrgreen:

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm

The excellent how to synch to Genome thread surfaced again today
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11760

jfu222

Post by jfu222 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:58 am

Thank you both!

Looks like this is the best way to get things moving along until the midi issues are worked out.

I've never used cubasis before (was hoping to sync with nanostudio) , but your approach makes the most sense right now until the nextgen updates arrive.

- J