Tonestack IAA issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Tonestack IAA issues

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:23 am

Hi Rim, I just purchased tonestack by yonac and it sounds great but IAA is having some issues. Auria freezes up as soon as it is inserted. The same behavior happened with Magellan. Yonac let me know that they are working on improving IAA implementation as there are several ways to do it, but could you look into it from the auria end as well? I had the same issue with jamup for what it's worth. I managed to get both tonestack and jamup working after several attempts, including a reboot, but I can't say why. I tried aufx dub and space, as well as echopad, which all worked without a hitch , and it was after trying those that I got tonestack to work (great plate verb sim in it by the way). Jamup was able to work if I had jamup launched before auria. Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Tonestack IAA issues

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:34 am

A lot of IAAs have trouble with the large buffer size Auria uses by default. Try enabling Audiobus mode in Auria's settings, and make sure to close Auria and all other apps after you change this setting. Putting Auria into Audiobus mode reduces the buffer size, and this makes it more compatible with picky IAAs.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:30 am

Tonestack has buffer options as well, would increasing the buffer size to match auria's have the same effect? I will try audiobus mode too. That might be how I got it to work last night (it was 3am and I couldn't sleep...). Thanks for the response.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Switching the core audio mode from from multi route to standard seems to allow tonestack to work as an IAA. I'll continue to test that theory however.

Old-Bugga
Expert

Post by Old-Bugga » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Any updates on this. I am finding that Tonestack is very CPU hungry. If I have a project with three tracks, drum loop, bass using Tonestack (track frozen) guitar using Tonestack (track frozen) and try and record another track, it just throws a CPU hiss fit and tells me to reduce plugins.

Without any plugins I can easily get up over 12 tracks with low CPU useage.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm

It is fairly CPU hungry, as is auria, so I'd suggest that you solo the track with tonestack, mix down to mono or stereo file as appropriate, and re-import that to the track (or import as a new track and save the dry audio), removing tonestack and freezing entirely. You can always save the preset in tonestack as well as the dry signal in auria should you need it again. I regularly am mixing projects with 30-40 tracks in auria and am getting very good at CPU and ram saving workarounds!