Any update on the update?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Any update on the update?

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:22 am

Sounded like it was almost ready in march, but things have obviously gotten a bit delayed. Adding new features?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Any update on the update?

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:35 am

The midi version is still in the works, but I have a new update coming out next week with some bug fixes (no new features in this one)

Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:38 am

Thanks rim. The only reason I care is for the arrange timeline bug, that one still annoys me daily. :)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm

The wait for midi in Auria is very exciting. Auria has been the best iOS recording/mixing experience for so many including myself. I have learned so much about plugin mixing since being introduced to Fabfilter, PsP Audiowares and Dcam. Using the same tools that Tony Maseratti and countless other producers makes me feel like I'm in the real world of digital mixing. Nothing is more transparent than Auria and it's plugins imo. My mixes continue to get better and that inspires me. I thank the brilliant mind of Rim everyday. Yes midi will be great when it comes but for now I am really enjoying crafting recorded audio on my iPad using Auria. When it comes to audio manipulation on my iPad, only Auria puts me at ease. I use Cubasis and Meteor to fill in for the midi tasks until Auria's midi arrives. I find Auria beautiful to look at and the plugins are truly eye candy for any musician. Ok so I'm nuts about Rims Auria. Sorry, I just had to chime in here Dave.
Cheers~~_/)~~~*

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:48 pm

The kool aid is good mmmmm yes? :)

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:25 am

Honestly if Auria get midi I would delete all the
other apps from my iPad , Auria is the best solution
to date for iOS DAW with exceptional pluging.
Hope midi would be sooner than we expect .

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I've been wondering about the update too, as well as any plug-ins it might bring. I'm very curious as to how things will shape out.
Dave Magoo wrote:Unfortunately I have stopped using Auria as Cubasis and Audiobus 2 have most of my basic needs covered...
Cubasis is nicely done, and it's the end point in my iPad chain. I imagine that will change once Auria gets MIDI though, because Auria's effects plug-ins are unrivalled.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Couldn't care less about midi. The Cool Aid is delicious.

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:56 am

Cubasis is shit compared to Auria hands down

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:34 am

Shazamm wrote:Cubasis is shit compared to Auria hands down
Well I guess it's settled then. :roll:

If you use MIDI Cubasis is a quick and easy way to get things done, and you can use other effects apps to make up for it's deficiency there.

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:35 am

I use a Scarlett 18i6 to get audio into Auria and I've been waiting for MIDI for more than a year now.
In the mean time, does anyone know if it's possible to use Cubase to send MIDI out to my outboard gear and record the audio into Auria at the same time?

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:11 am

Shazamm wrote:Cubasis is shit compared to Auria hands down

I have to disagree, yes, Auria is the top app when it comes to audio production . It has a better mixer with bus tracks that Cubasis doesn't. Has better plugins , particularly the third party ones , and being able to import and export AAF files is perfect for sending songs to Logic X, but the biggest short coming in Auria is where Cubasis has everyone beat, and that's midi sequencing. I'm sorry but IMO a DAW is simply not complete without midi. I love Auria, to to be honest, I spent $50 on Auria, bout the micro warmer, the old timer, the FabFilter pro Q , Drumagog 5, retune, the video import plugin, things started racking up, but I eventually ended up spending another $50 on Cubasis to hold me over until we get midi in Auria.
I bought Cubasis as a temporary fix but as it turns out I've gotten a lot more done with Cubasis than I thought I would. If I'm doing more guitar and bass driven music then Auria is great but if I'm doing a track that either pop. R&B or hip hop , I can knock something out much faster in Cubasis. I still love Auria but it's just not a complete iOS solution without midi.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:33 am

Cubasis' best feature though is its totally amazing Song Randomizer (tm) -- aptly named "Undo" ;-)

But yes, otherwise, the UI and MIDI implementation are very well done. However, as soon as Auria has MIDI, I'm pretty sure I'll switch back.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:17 am

instinctive wrote:Cubasis' best feature though is its totally amazing Song Randomizer (tm) -- aptly named "Undo" ;-)

But yes, otherwise, the UI and MIDI implementation are very well done. However, as soon as Auria has MIDI, I'm pretty sure I'll switch back.
Lol, I've heard a few people complain about the undo bug but luckily it hasn't happened to me as of yet. Has it happened to you since the last 1.8 update?
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac