Auria and IK Multimedia Irig Pro ?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tukiguitarman

Auria and IK Multimedia Irig Pro ?

Post by tukiguitarman » Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 am

Hi everybody
This is Tuki from Calcutta India,am a newbie in the world of IOS music production and have been an electronic PC based midi musician for more than 15 years but am really loving the world of Ios via my new aipad Mini with Retina and lightnening connector.

I just ordered the Irig Pro by Ik Multimedia as it has both audio and midi functionality was wondering if anyone on here has had any success with Ik Multimedia products and Auria ? If yes i can breathe a sigh of releif otherwise am stuck with a useless interface once it arrives from thoman that i will be using as a guitar input device mostly,i do have the Tascam US144 mark 2 usb audio interface,i hope i can use that with Auria in case the Irig fails!

Looking fwd to hearing from you people soon thanks in advance.Tuki
http://Www.soundcloud.com/tukitronix

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria and IK Multimedia Irig Pro ?

Post by Rim » Thu May 08, 2014 11:05 am

Welcome Tuki! Yes, the iRig Pro works great with Auria.

Rim

tukiguitarman

Post by tukiguitarman » Tue May 13, 2014 6:26 am

Thanks a lot Rim,what a relief, i will be receiving my IRIG PRO interface on 24th May and from that day onwards starts my Auria party :)

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Wed May 14, 2014 6:56 pm

For several months I have been using the Irig Pro with Auria for audio in and a MIDI interface with iLectric, iGrand, imini, etc. It’s been working 100%, no issues. Works great with dynamic mikes, condenser mikes, guitar, bass as well, very versatile.
It’s possibly the most cost effective solution for basic portable mono input and MIDI available for the iPad.

I am keeping my eye on iConnectivity for their pending offering in the iPad fully featured audio interface space.
http://www.iconnectivity.com

:D

t9cstudio

Post by t9cstudio » Mon May 19, 2014 5:35 pm

That iConnectivity Audio 4+ looks like it will do it all! I hope it's street price is under $400usd. iOS config app included. I think I'll wait for this one as my first interface, but the IKM Pro HD is calling hard. Hope I can hold out long enough.

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Tue May 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Yes it potentially looks excellent!
At last this could be the audio interface that ticks all the boxes for the iPAD.
Its the reason I am making do with the iRig Pro, as nothing seemed up to par for the iPad for a fully feature audio interface. The recently released Steinberg UR44 looks good, but the iConnectivity Audio 4+ may take the cake.

The pricing of the current available product seems very reasonable,hopefully this translates to the Audio 4+
8)

JosephDignamMusic
Expert

Post by JosephDignamMusic » Thu May 22, 2014 2:03 am

Works Fantastic,
I have been using an Irig Pro for a while now! Glad i never bothered with the old Mono Irig. I go straight out of my PMP6000 mixer via the RCA stereo output through a RCA to TRS cable. I like the on board effects in that mixer so I often apply them at that point.
The pre-amp is reasonably quiet - any "noise" that I ever experienced was at the higher end of gain but root cause was probably more the noise in my equipment or guitar pickups etc...

JosephDignamMusic
Expert

Post by JosephDignamMusic » Thu May 22, 2014 2:05 am

JosephDignamMusic wrote:Works Fantastic,
I have been using an Irig Pro for a while now! Glad i never bothered with the old Mono Irig. I go straight out of my PMP6000 mixer via the RCA stereo output through a RCA to TRS cable. I like the on board effects in that mixer so I often apply them at that point.
The pre-amp is reasonably quiet - any "noise" that I ever experienced was at the higher end of gain but root cause was probably more the noise in my equipment or guitar pickups etc...

Hi All - apologies - I was thinking this post was about the Irig HD - Not the Irig Pro!

Where is that delete button!!!?