Auria + Zoom H6

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

fegiag

Auria + Zoom H6

Post by fegiag » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Greetings,

Not sure whether this is a bug or an anomoly? Started using Auria right before the March 25th update and the H6 and iPad (3rd gen_64GB) were functioning fine together. Subsequently, after the update my Auria sound file would open with the meters buried (input matrix) and no source sound from the mics. After some connection checks, I found that the sound file had to be closed e.g. open an alternatate file (meters buried) then close it and re-open the current project file. This resulted in the meters returning to active status and with input signal across all six channels. Any thoughts on what may have a bearing on this change.

Many Thanks,

ƒeg

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria + Zoom H6

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:43 am

Could you please explain in a little more detail?

1. What do you mean when you say the meters were "buried"?
2. When you talk about a sound file, do you mean a WAV file?
3. Have you update your iOS version recently? What version are you using?

Maybe it would help to give us a step by step sequence of what you do to make the problem appear (very detailed).

Thanks,
Rim

fegiag

Post by fegiag » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:41 pm

by Rim » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:43 am

Could you please explain in a little more detail?

1. What do you mean when you say the meters were "buried"? Redlined, saturated, but with no sound
2. When you talk about a sound file, do you mean a WAV file? WAV
3. Have you update your iOS version recently? What version are you using? iOS 7.1 that worked fine with Auria pre-update.

Maybe it would help to give us a step by step sequence of what you do to make the problem appear (very detailed).

a. Set up H6 as an audio interface i.e. select multitrack via battery power.
b. Boot iPad, close all programs. Launch Auria which opens demo tracks.
c. Next, observe sample rate and internal indicator. Wait approximately 12345 seconds and plug USB/CCK via H6. INT changes to USB. From Menu scroll to input matrix and observe meters 1-6 all read saturated (redlined) whether tracks are armed or not—no sound.
d. Remedy for now…load current project after the demo project then open input matrix tracks 1-6 all register infinity. Arm tracks and signal and sound are there. One other occurrence; Sub-group # 1 is intermittent where the signal on the meter drops in and out?

Cheers, many thanks.

ƒeg

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 pm

OK, thanks. Have you tried using the different Core Audio modes in Auria's settings? Sometimes you might get better results with a different mode on a particular interface. Remember to reboot Auria and close all other apps after you change a mode.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 am

Wait approximately 12345 seconds...??? Whoa, that's almost 3½ hours! :shock:

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. I definitely need to catch some Z's! :lol:

Hope your issue gets resolved, ƒeg.

Mike

fegiag

Post by fegiag » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks!
Will give the core audio settings a try this evening.

all best,
ƒeg

mojozart

Post by mojozart » Fri May 08, 2015 1:11 pm

There is still very little information regarding this online, so I'll update this old thread with my findings:

I also had success connecting Zoom H6 in multi track mode, and also needed to workaround the initial state where the H6 tracks in the input matrix were redlined (feedback?).

However, as suggested above, I changed Auria's Core Audio mode from Standard to Multi Route and now Zoom H6 seems to work fine in multi track mode. If Zoom and iPad are connected through a powered USB hub, I select the "PC/Mac" multi-track option for Zoom, otherwise I select "PC/Mac using battery power".