Auria + Final Touch = audio flickering problem :(

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria + Final Touch = audio flickering problem :(

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:22 pm

It seems there's an issue with IAAs on the master track. I'll investigate and fix this for the next update.

In the mean time, you should be able to use a subgroup as a workaround.

Rim

skoptic

Post by skoptic » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:04 am

Ok, thanks - thought I was going mad.

Yes, saw you could use sub track, but because I use them in every track for grouping and you can't route sub tracks between themselves, I'll be looking forward to the update! :)

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:24 pm

I have finally upgraded my iPad 4 to iOS 7.1. I was pleasantly surprised that IAA worked fairly well in Auria...however, Final Touch yielded no audio through the iPad's internal speakers and caused Auria to crash.

While the above might be old news, I will add that I was unable to get any audio from the iPad's internal speakers running Final Touch stand-alone. Audio was received from the line-out (headphone) jack only. (Although I have not yet connected my Focusrite 8i6, I am confident that audio will be received by it.)

Although the iPad's internal speakers are obviously not suitable for mastering (let alone final mixing), they certainly are suitable for referencing masters and mixes, just as car stereos, boomboxes, Auratones, etc. are. Therefore, I consider this a bug on Positive Grid's part.

Switching gears: Audiobus worked with Auria on iOS 7.1 as usual; however, I was unable to take advantage of AB2's multi feature, which ended up crashing Auria. @Rim: Will the next update address this issue...and/or must Audiobus fix something on their end?

I will post this on the Bug forum as well.

Best regards,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 am

I've got both of these on my list to investigate for the next update.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks so much, Rim! :)

And sorry about the double-posting (as I séè you have promptly deleted the ones on the Bug Reports page). :oops:

Overall, I can't begin to tell you how impressed and amazed I am by Auria and, of course, your talent. Thanks so much for an absolutely fantastic product!! :D

Best regards,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am

Not a problem, thanks for helping me find these issues.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 am

OK, I fixed the issue with IAAs not working in the master channel. However, I'm not able to duplicate any issues with Audiobus and multi outs. MikeDee, what exactly were the issues you were having?

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Ok, Rim, I got Final Touch to work on an Input channel...I could hear audio from the internal speaker or the line (headphone) out jack. I might have had another IAA inserted on the same channel (which might have caused FT to crash Auria)...so I'll chalk this up to user error.

Next, I tried FT on the Master channel: Although I could still hear audio, it appears that it never passed through FT. I got Turnado to work on the Master channel, however...perhaps it was hit or miss with certain IAA apps.... :?: In any event, it's a moot point, as you have fixed this (per your last reply).

I figure that when FT is inserted as an IAA in Auria (on an Input or Sub channel at present), the audio is still "internal," i.e., in the digital domain...so I can still hear audio through the internal speaker, as Auria is outputting the audio, not FT. But the no-audio-from-the-internal-speaker issue still remains when running FT in stand-alone mode. Therefore, as I had mentioned previously, I consider this a bug on Positive Grid's part. I do hope they fix this issue...at least allow an option to toggle the speaker on/off.

Thanks for the fix, Rim...gr8 work!!! :D

Best regards,

Mike
Last edited by MikeDee on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm

I'll have to recheck Audiobus2 with Multi outs...I'll try creating a new project tonight.......

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:24 am

Lóòks like I'm Ø-for-2 in this round, lõl. :oops: But that's a gøød thing...I got AB2 to work in a new project! :lol:

Whatever I did in my last project to screw up IAA must've caused instability in the project, thereby affecting AB2. So I agree, Rim, that there is nothing AB-related for you to address in Auria. It had to be user error on my part (again! :roll: ).

That leaves the original FT issue, which belongs in Positive Grid's backyard...all's well that ends well in Aurialand! :D

Mike