Help! No signal after update

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ArmArnA
Expert

Help! No signal after update

Post by ArmArnA » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 am

Hi,

I'm working on a project, suddenly I could'nt get a signal to my armed track in the edit mode, neither did it record anything -just blank.

Good signal from my Itrack solo and it looks good in the input matrix, with the right input choosen. But no signal to armed track. I've done this a hundred times before, now its just not working all of a sudden. I've closed Auria several times, rebooted the Ipad, no Wifi or other apps in the back ground. This problem has occured after the latest update, along with some other more minor problems like a lot more stuttering and some other weird stuff.

Over all I'm a huge Auria fan and I'm impressed by the work you all put in. Best DAW in appstore

Auria and Ipad2 all updated

/ArmArnA
"Jazz is not dead it just smells funny"

ArmArnA
Expert

Re: Help! No signal after update

Post by ArmArnA » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:58 am

... I might add that just minutes before this problem occured I tried to record some keyboard using IAA or/and Audiobus. Neither Nlog or Alchemy worked. I followed your guide in the manual. Using the IAA function Nlog would not record. The record button became a play button (?) resulting in an emty track in Auria. Alchemy just crashed. Then I tried the Audiobus way, but neither Nlog or Alchemy produced any sound. When I gave up and decided to do the part on guitar instead of keyboard thats when the problem occured. All good signal in input matrix, everything done as usual - but nothing. When I press record the metronome kicks in and the whole region on the armed track turns red, as allways. But when I press stop its a totally blank track

/ArmArnA

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 am

Put Auria in Audiobus mode (it's an option in the settings). Some IAAs don't like the fact that Auria changes latency settings between play and record, and will silence the audio as a result. Putting Auria in Audiobus mode will keep the latency the same between play and record modes, and should solve this issue. Make sure to kill all apps including Auria after changing this setting.

Rim

ArmArnA
Expert

Post by ArmArnA » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:47 am

Thanks Rim,

I will try this later today. So, this will also fix the problem I have with no guitar signal from miked amp in the Edit mode (as mentioned above)?

/ArmArnA

ArmArnA
Expert

Post by ArmArnA » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 am

Hi,

I still dont get a audio signal in edit mode. I opened another project and the signal where there, fine, but in the project where I failed to activate the IAA and Audiobus the input signal in edit mode is still not working. As I mentioned the signal is fine on my Itrack solo and in the Auria input matrix but its lost in edit mode. This happened directly after the mishaps with IAA and Audiobus. Cant record anything on this song until this problem is solved

/ArmArnA

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say the signal is lost in edit mode. Can you describe exactly what you're doing, and what happens in more detail?

Thanks,
Rim

ArmArnA
Expert

Post by ArmArnA » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:23 am

Hi Rim,

I'm sorry if I am unclear. I want to record a guitar. I have a fine signal showing both on my Itrack solo and in the Auria input matrix, where I choose number one on the axis on lets say channel twelwe. All good. But when I look in either the edit or mixing window there is no signal showing on the fader meter on channel twelwe. And when I try to record the metronom starts and the channel turns red, as it always does. Pressing stop nothing is recorded, its blank. Not even a region with a flat line. The input signal is lost somewhere between the input matrix and the actual channel. Its only in this project it has happened. Like I said, I have done this procedur a hundred times before and this is the first time its happened and it happened right after my failing attempts trying to activate some sort of keyboard from Audiobus/IAA. As it is now I cant get a signal on any channel leaving this project unworkable. Has Audiobus or IAA reset or activated some weird setting causing this problem?

I hope you understand my problem and that there is a solution

Thanks for the great support

/ArmArnA

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:34 am

Do you have Auto Punch mode turned on? If it is, Auria won't start recording until it reaches your locators.

Rim

ArmArnA
Expert

Post by ArmArnA » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 am

Rim, you're a solid rock. This was the problem all along. I've never used this funcion and must have pressed it by accident. You live and you learn. Sorry if I've wasted your time with this rookie mistake :D

Greatfull beyond words

/ARmArnA