Backing up projects

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Megatiger

Backing up projects

Post by Megatiger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi there guys, i have looked up here for a topic talking about my question, however i didn't found it. So really sorry if what i wanna know is already answered somewhere.
I want to backup my projects in a external HD, and i did just like the manual says: i used itunes for export to notebook, then erased the proj that was in ipad. Just to see if i could bring it back, i ziped the .project and put it back in auria using itunes again. Well when i did that, auria decompressed the zip but when i tried to open it kept messaging "couldn't save the project", and auria became completely crash, just repeting this message. I looked in itunes and all auria's folder had disapeared. Have been erased all.
I use a iPad 2 16, ios 6.1.3 and i had anything running together while i was trying to do that.
You guys know some how to backup the projects and recover it back safely? What happened was a nightmare. Didn't was so serious cause i have bought auria just a few days and didn't started doing my tunes yet, but if i had, it would had been a completely nightmare.
How are you guys backing up your projects? Help please.
Thanks a lot and greetings from Rio.

mtingle
Expert

Re: Backing up projects

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 am

i use ifunbox for mac. drag and drop just like file explorer. free and no need to zip. very easy.

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 am

Use ifunbox, iTunes has a bug when moving folders like that.

Megatiger

Post by Megatiger » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks a lot guys, i'll give a shot.

Megatiger

Post by Megatiger » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:18 am

It worked perfect. Thanks a lot guys!

PeterDoubt

Post by PeterDoubt » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 am

Just wondering...does iTunes have a problem importing or exporting the projects? I exported mine to my PC with iTunes, but I have iExplorer so I could import with that. Should I re-export?
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:37 am

Yes, iTunes for the PC doesn't support copying folders back to the iPad. I suggest using a free PC/Mac program called iFunBox. It makes it easy to copy Auria projects back and forth.

Rim

PeterDoubt

Post by PeterDoubt » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks, Rim. Your answer suggests that the problem is importing the files with iTunes. Does this mean I should be okay using iExplorer (or iFunBox) to move the files I exported with iTunes back to my iPad?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:28 am

iFunBox and iExplorer are just utilities for moving files and folders to/from an iPad and your computer, so you can use these utilities the same way you'd use iTunes, except it's easier and more reliable. iTunes isn't very good at transferring files and folders.

Rim