Recording from Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

harpman
Expert

Re: Recording from Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Post by harpman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Finding one solution, introduced another one that I posted in the Bug forum. All the even channels on my ADAT connected SA unit aren't reading in the input matrix. Only the odd channels. The first 8 channels from the 18i20 Interface unit work just fine. This is only happening on the iPad 1.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Sound Engineer / Harmonica
Stefani Entertainment

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:21 am

Wrong sample rate maybe? If you are higher than 48KHz (so, 88.2, 96) then you half the number of channels available on a single ADAT port.

Dominic

harpman
Expert

Post by harpman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:22 am

dominicperry wrote:Wrong sample rate maybe? If you are higher than 48KHz (so, 88.2, 96) then you half the number of channels available on a single ADAT port.

Dominic
Dominic, I wish it were that easy :). I'm using 44.1 on both units. Also, that would hold true across all devices iPad 1 thru iPad Air. I've been on the phone with Focusrite support and we both concur that the issue is with the Audio Core and Apple's code (SDK) for iOS 5 and Apple doesn't support iOS 5 anymore. I've gone a different route and now use my iPad 1 to control my Mackie DL1608 digital mixer for FOH (Front of House) and the iPad Air for Auria and all is good so far. Once Auria releases the next update (including the fix for "Export to Dropbox"), I'll be a happy camper :D.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Did you manage to get the DL1608 to record a stereo mix to Auria? Another user was trying to get one working with Auria and I don't think they succeeded:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... kie#p32130

Anyway, at least you're getting somewhere with Focusrite support.

I'm guessing being stuck on iOS5 is going to kill your iPad1 before the hardware runs out of steam. At some point most of your apps will start to be "iOS 6 or later only".

Dominic

harpman
Expert

Post by harpman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am

Dominic,

Using my iPad Air. No more iPad 1. Have done stereo mix in the past but doesn't give me the post-production control of the channels. Have a 3 hour gig tonight and going to test it out. Other Auria users have told me that Auria locks up after 30+ minutes of use (even on an iPad 4th gen.). That I can't have. It might be an issue where their iPad runs out of storage and then everything locks up. Will be running 4-channels tonight. Will keep you posted.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Stefani Entertainment