Need step by step how to bring in Apple Loops

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rimshot51

Need step by step how to bring in Apple Loops

Post by Rimshot51 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:28 am

Hi,

I downloaded some Apple Loops and added them to Auria through iTunes.

Is there a way in iTunes to create a new folder to put them in? I could not put them in the Loops folder.

When I launch Auria, add a track, and then import the audio using one of these Apple Loops, they come in fine but do not respond to tempo changes. I thought Apple Loops were designed to change with tempo changes.

I can easily time align the loop but is there a way to bring in an Apple Loop that automatically adjusts to tempo changes?

Thanks.

Rimshot51
Rimshot51

Auria, Drumagog, Studio One 2.6, Sonar Producer X3, Cubasis, Cubase AI, GarageBand, Notion, Zoom R24, UR-44, Axiom 64, WIndows 7 64, Equator D5's, NanoPatch, Alesis MICTUBE Duo, Behringer B1, Shure SM57, and Rhodes M5's mics.

Strizbiz
Expert

Re: Need step by step how to bring in Apple Loops

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 am

Auria has time stretching so basically any loop you import can be sped up or slowed down without changing the pitch by dragging with 2 fingers. ( see page 70 of the user manual )
A couple other tips when time stretching, In the transport option menu set the time format to bars and beats .
Change the snapping option to bars or what ever works for you.
Hope this helps.

Striz
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Rimshot51

Post by Rimshot51 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:40 am

Hi Striz,

Thanks for the reply. So is it true that Auria does not import Apple Loops that will then respond to tempo changes automatically without needing to time stretch? It seems this is so. I have learned how to time stretch and it is very easy to do. Just want to understand the program better.

Rimshot51
Rimshot51

Auria, Drumagog, Studio One 2.6, Sonar Producer X3, Cubasis, Cubase AI, GarageBand, Notion, Zoom R24, UR-44, Axiom 64, WIndows 7 64, Equator D5's, NanoPatch, Alesis MICTUBE Duo, Behringer B1, Shure SM57, and Rhodes M5's mics.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13 pm

You can do it either way:

1. As described above, timestretch the loops to fit your music after you import

or

2. As you import the loops, make sure you choose the timestretch option at the bottom of the import window. This will automatically timestretch the loop based on its original tempo and length.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:16 pm

As far as folders, I believe you can do that either with ifunbox, or by putting them in a folder on your computer then zipping it. If I am correct iOS will not allow more than one level of folder though. That may have changed, not sure.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 pm

mrufino1 wrote:As far as folders, I believe you can do that either with ifunbox, or by putting them in a folder on your computer then zipping it. If I am correct iOS will not allow more than one level of folder though. That may have changed, not sure.
Put files in a folder, zip the folder, put zip into auria file sharing, when u start auria, the folder will be created
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Rimshot51

Post by Rimshot51 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Rim wrote:You can do it either way:

1. As described above, timestretch the loops to fit your music after you import

or

2. As you import the loops, make sure you choose the timestretch option at the bottom of the import window. This will automatically timestretch the loop based on its original tempo and length.

Rim
Much thanks Rim.
Rimshot51

Rimshot51

Post by Rimshot51 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:07 pm

acaonweb wrote:
mrufino1 wrote:As far as folders, I believe you can do that either with ifunbox, or by putting them in a folder on your computer then zipping it. If I am correct iOS will not allow more than one level of folder though. That may have changed, not sure.
Put files in a folder, zip the folder, put zip into auria file sharing, when u start auria, the folder will be created
I will try that tonight. Thank you all.
Rimshot51

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Hello, folks!

First time posting here, and apologizing already for resurrecting that old a topic, but I'm having the following issue, that I blame on my inexperience with the way Auria - and iOS in general - handle folders and files: I cannot see the many gigabytes worth of loops I copied to Auria's folder.

I have this huge collection of Apple loops that came with GarageBand, and decided to import it to my Auria folder, so I can use it without resorting to less convenient methods such as DropBox, which depends on an Internet connection. Knowing - sort of - that iOS cannot handle well a multiple-level folder hierarchy, I imported each individual folder that contains a given collection of loops to the documents folder via iTunes. This procedure works for iOS GarageBand, so I took it for granted. When I open Auria and try to import the loops to a project, the folders are listed, but they are all empty.

I first thought the loops were going through some kind of indexing process, so I took a little time doing other things with my project, but a couple of hours later, I tried again and, to my dismay, got the same empty folders. Since I know Auria can see Apple loops, what's going on? How can I possibly solve it?

All the best!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:38 pm

PS.: disregard, guys: I solved it myself. Just converted all the caf files to m4a using one of the wonderful and almost secret OSX built-in capabilities. Now everything seems to be fine.