Any Plug-Ins similar to Space Designer?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Any Plug-Ins similar to Space Designer?

Post by timmyg » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:40 am

Hi all,

I've been co-producing & mixing a band's new album mainly using Logic with my co-Producer (on his MAC). We've got some awesome results using the Space Designer reverbs for effecting parts of vocals & sometimes guitars.

I do my own music on iPad with Auria and wondered if there is a plug-in available that has similar effects?

dinomedanhodzic
Expert

Re: Any Plug-Ins similar to Space Designer?

Post by dinomedanhodzic » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 pm

The convolver reverb in auria is the same type of reverb as Space designer in Logic but way more simplistic. You can import all your impulse responses from space designer into aurias convolver reverb and you should be able to have similar effects

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 am

dinomedanhodzic wrote:The convolver reverb in auria is the same type of reverb as Space designer in Logic but way more simplistic. You can import all your impulse responses from space designer into aurias convolver reverb and you should be able to have similar effects
Wow thanks, but how do you import IR files from logic into Auria? If you could explain the steps that would be really helpful.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:30 am

1. Open iFunBox
2. In Auria's Documents folder, find the IR Files folder
3. Copy any IR WAV files you want to use into this folder.
4. Make sure to remove any Convolution Reverb plugins you may have in your project and reinsert them, otherwise they won't see the new files you copied.

Rim

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks.

Will existing Convolution Reverb settings remain intact after i've copied in any new IR files? If I have to re-insert them wont the settings be different? Not quite sure what you mean by step 4.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:49 am

What I mean is the convolution reverb won't see the new files until you remove it from the insert and re-insert it. It only reads the list of IRs when it first starts. So if your project already has a bunch of reverb instances in it, you could either remove all of them, and re-insert them, or you could simply close the project and reopen it. This does the same thing, as it closes all the reverbs and reopens them the next time you open the project.

Rim

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:07 am

As always Rim, thanks

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Sorry to dig up such an old topic, but I seem to be having problems with importing Logic's impulse responses to Auria. I follow the current instructions, created a .zip file with all of the ones I want to use - with their original extensions, .aif. The convolution reverb could not see them. So. I tried again, this time after change all extensions from .aif to .irf. Now, the Convolution Reverb saw all of them, but wouldn't actually use any of them: the waveform stayed unaltered, showing the last "native" IR I used. Before I try some crazy fixes - like converting all of them from .aif to .wav for an example, or trying to import my .SDIR files instead - I would like to know which kinds of files are actually supported, and if anyone actually managed to import Apple's impulse responses to Auria.

All the best!

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 am

I don't think .aif files are supported. I believe that, no matter what extension you give your IR files, they need to be in WAV format. Please wait for confirmation from someone else (@Rim, perhaps) but I reckon you need to convert your .aif files to .wav format. Here's a link to an old thread on the subject:
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... nse#p16626

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 am

Yep 99% sure all files have to Wav
;)

Pile63

Post by Pile63 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 am

You can look at Altiverb. It might work a little better. You can use it as IAA or Audiobus. Alti has more parameters to play with then the convolution reverb in Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:36 am

That's correct, Auria's convolution reverb only supports WAV files for its IR files.

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:49 pm

Converting to .wav did the trick: thank you very much, folks!