Tascam IXJ2, IM2, IM2X and Zoom H1. All Auria compatible.

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BGR
Expert

Tascam IXJ2, IM2, IM2X and Zoom H1. All Auria compatible.

Post by BGR » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:34 pm

In case anyone was wondering, the Tascam IM2, IM2X, IXJ2 and the Zoom H1 are all Auria compatible. You can even add 10dB with Auria in the specific track Record Level.

But be aware that these four models only provide 16bit audio samples. That means that even if the original recorded Auria files are supposed to be 24bit, they will contain only 16bit audio samples when these products are used.

The Tascam IXJ2, IM2 and IM2X are Made For IOS -MFI-. iPad, iPhone and some cases iPod compatible. And you can charge the iPad while using them. You will require a 30pin adapter if you own a newer iPad. To monitor, you would need to connect the Tascam product; and, after a couple of seconds, a normal 3-pole headphone to the iPad -but not a 4-pole headset with microphone because you will loose the connection to the Tascam interface-.

The Zoom H1 is Camera Connection Kit -CCK- compatible and it reacts like a normal USB audio interface -no drivers needed either on iPad or Mac-. And can be powered in the same manner that user fgplayerx proposes. Via a Y-Cable to a Mobile Phone Charger. You can not charge the iPad in the process. And you can monitor with a headphone directly on the Zoom H1 and/or via Auria.

My question to Tascam and Zoom, why only 16bit recordings for these specific products?

tanjaree

Re: Tascam IXJ2, IM2, IM2X and Zoom H1. All Auria compatible

Post by tanjaree » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:59 am

full picture http://forum.audiob.us/uploads/FileUplo ... 772198.jpg

Thanks for your advice now I can set up 100% mobile.

Ipad3, Zoom H4,Samson Graphile 49, Akai EWI usb,Rode NT1 mic connect with power usb hub.
The power from Mobile Phone Charger can feed H4 (also phantom power 48V for Rode mic),Graphile 49.
For EWI USB actully do not need power but must plug through usb hub.
H4 set to audio I/O mode and I can monitor via headphone output.
And I can use Graphile 49 control Auria use HUI mode but just for 8 channel.

BGR
Expert

Re: Tascam IXJ2, IM2, IM2X and Zoom H1. All Auria compatible

Post by BGR » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:40 am

tanjaree wrote: Thanks for your advice now I can set up 100% mobile.

Ipad3, Zoom H4,Samson Graphile 49, Akai EWI usb,Rode NT1 mic connect with power usb hub.
The power from Mobile Phone Charger can feed H4 (also phantom power 48V for Rode mic),Graphile 49.
For EWI USB actully do not need power but must plug through usb hub.
H4 set to audio I/O mode and I can monitor via headphone output.
And I can use Graphile 49 control Auria use HUI mode but just for 8 channel.
I'm glad I could be of help :)