ETA on MIDI integration?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Naizen

ETA on MIDI integration?

Post by Naizen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 am

Thank you.

starfugger
Expert

Re: ETA on MIDI integration?

Post by starfugger » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:27 am

Yes, please.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 am

seriously? that could get messy! :lol: :lol: :shock: :D :D

"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:33 am

It would help to have an update on the "Late February, Early March" ETA that we were given.
Of course a lot of us want MIDI now, but we also want it to be right so we're trying to being patient.
Auria is a great product and I know that when we do get MIDI integration it will be the icing on the cake.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 am

Things in the development world are often unpredictable, so it's difficult for me to provide a solid timeline on the new version. I'm hoping it will be ready in the coming months. Sorry I can't be more helpful - there are just too many variables to make a good prediction. But it's going very well, and I promise you'll be very happy when it's released.

Thanks,
Rim

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:24 am

Thanks Rim
I must take more patience pills.

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:19 am

We all just want you to be quicker with MIDI than Steinberg is with Automation, so that you can take it all :)

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:51 pm

@instinctive, how is Cubasis for you at just composing a song using 3rd party synths? I'm really leaning towards getting it today. I'm not that pressed about automation because I'd more than likely bring everything into Auria to mix but I really need a midi solution until Auria is ready. Also how is it at exporting individual tracks? Thanks in advance.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:31 pm

@instinctive When Cubasis gets automation, I'll still need Auria for audio and mixing. When Auria gets MIDI, I'll still need Cubasis for....

trollers gotta troll :D

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:45 pm

@Strizbiz: I have not purchased Cubasis at all yet, because a DAW without any kind of automation -- not even, say, mod wheel -- is totally useless for me, especially because I primarily do Electronic Music. Also, there still seem to be lots of stability problems (just read the Steinberg forums).

And yes, the effects also seem to be not at all on par with Auria's, or its IAPs.

So, yes, I'd very much prefer Auria getting MIDI first to Cubasis getting Automation first :)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Deleted cubasis from my ipad well can't remember when
Brought a few midi apps as well and don't use them although I will use garageband for midi if needed
Made my mind up few months ago ,just going to wait for Aurias midi version so it's all in one place 8)

Be nice if it's here soon 8)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Cubasis is back on track and runs great again since the last update.If not better than ever.Steinberg did a good job.Just sayin for the sake of fairness.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

I actually took the plunge and got Cubasis today. The reviews for the latest version weren't stellar but I just took a gamble.
I have to say I'm not mad at it. Some of the sounds are a little general midi ish but it also has some good ones too. But I also have a ton of other 3rd party synth and apps that more than make up the difference. It actually runs pretty smooth for me and as far as something to record midi until Auria can I have to say it's better than everything else I've tried, including Beatmaker 2. I like a lot of things about Beatmaker 2 but the interface can sometimes take me out of the groove but Cubasis workflow was pretty nice. And it does a decent job of exporting all the track individually ( though I could only upload one at a time to Dropbox ) so I could import them into Auria. I think overall iOS 7.1 is making audio apps run better in general. Anyway I'll definitely use Cubasis for doing some quick arrangements and sending them into Auria as well as sending some Auria stereo mix downs into Cubasis to sequence drums and shoot the drums back into Auria. Can't wait till Auria has midi but I think I've found a decent midi solution till then.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 am

Rim,all of us over at the Audiobus forum just want to know one thing:is the next"big update"the one that includes midi or not?Please give us at least this info before the curiosity and impatience just kills us.Thanks :)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:57 am

Yes