Cut Your Leashes

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ArmArnA
Expert

Cut Your Leashes

Post by ArmArnA » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:56 am

Hi, Auria friends!

Here's a freshly brewded one. This is my second song made in Auria and this time I've tried to do the whole process (recording, mixing, mastering) in Auria. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but I'm still a newbie in the great and mystrious world of recording. This is a straight forward song with, if I may say so, a quite nice ending part. Drums are from DM1 and Drum/percussion Loops HD. Hope you like it : )

https://soundcloud.com/armarna/cut-your-leashes

Until next time... Cheers!

/ArmArnA
"Jazz is not dead it just smells funny"

Strizbiz
Expert

Re: Cut Your Leashes

Post by Strizbiz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:10 am

Nice work, I like the tune, I only listened to it on my ipad speaker and could hear everything pretty good. I'm sure it sounds even better on actual speakers or with headphones.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Listening on my studio NS10s, it sounds great.

First up, its a good good song. Interesting. Engaging.

Secondly, really well arranged. The three distinct sections really grab the listeners attention and keep it. Very good device.

Thirdly, the singing and playing is original and unique. The two vocals parts work really well together, again gripping the listener's attention. (reminds me somewhat of my favourite Tunng tracks with a hint of Rupert Hine...RH sounds especially evident in Night Crawler ). The underlying electric guitar figure running thru the piece gives it a real edge. The drum parts and acoustic guitar work super well as a bed.

I have no idea why you consider yourself a newbie. That is a well written song that has been performed and produced to professional standards. Very very impressive mate. 10/10.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

ArmArnA
Expert

Post by ArmArnA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:40 am

Thanks Sodium,

Really nice words. I bow my head.

Regarding the newbie-thing. I've written songs and played guitar for quite some time, but I did my very first own recording on an old borrowed 4 channel cassett portable studio less than two years ago and I've gradually moved forward to Ipad and Cubasis. Since december 2013 I only record in Auria and I've never looked back.

I really like your songs on your Soundcloud page. Superb production and preformed to perfection. Your musical ear are simply top notch : ) What recording program/gear do you use?

/ArmArnA
"Jazz is not dead it just smells funny"

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:30 pm

ArmArnA wrote:
I really like your songs on your Soundcloud page. Superb production and preformed to perfection. Your musical ear are simply top notch : ) What recording program/gear do you use?

/ArmArnA
oh my soundcloud is a hodge-podge of all sorts of madness. some of it fairly old, some new. and it varies between some front porch recordings ( literally surrounded by buzzing flies and screaming kids) thru to my home studio (using Reaper, Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate and Camel Audio's Alchemy) and lots of other archived rubbish from over the years.:)
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."