iTrack Solo Problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Israel
Expert

iTrack Solo Problem

Post by Israel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello,
Recently I've been having issues using auria with my iTrack Solo. Ever since the ios 7 update, when recording after a minute or two auria becomes unusable but it seems to occur only with this particular product. I also own an apogee mic and it works fine with auria. The problem is that the while recording the metronome starts messing up, there's weird clicks and cuts on the recordings, and it all becomes unusable.

Edit: I'm using an iPad 3 16GB and the memory and CPU are fine below half of the meter even when mess ups occur.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iTrack Solo Problem

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:06 pm

The first thing I would check is if you have Background App Refresh enabled in your iPad's settings. This can case issues with audio apps in some cases.

Rim

Israel
Expert

Post by Israel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Rim,
Thanks for the reply. That didn't solve the problem but I just tried using my interface with garageband for ipad and it caused similar problems so I think it might just have to do with the os itself or the itrack solo, I'm not sure if maybe there's an update for my interface and that might be causing the problem?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:54 am

It's hard to say where the problem lies, but it could be caused by a well known older core audio bug. Can you try this?

1. Unplug the interface and it's power
2. Reboot your iPad
3. Double tap on the home button and kill every app you see
4. Launch Auria
5. In Auria's settings, disable USB soft start, and set the Record Latency to 4096
6. Plug in the interface

See if that makes a difference. If not, it's probably something new in the OS that's causing the issue.

Rim

Israel
Expert

Post by Israel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 am

Okay, will try. Thanks a lot for the help.

Grace_Period

Post by Grace_Period » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Israel,

I'm thinking of buying an iTrack Solo so I can use it with Auria, are you still experiencing the problem you mentioned here? Thanks.

Israel
Expert

Post by Israel » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Israel,

I'm thinking of buying an iTrack Solo so I can use it with Auria, are you still experiencing the problem you mentioned here? Thanks.
Hi,
It's working perfectly after getting the new ipad mini. The problem was with the ipad 3. I was emailing focusrite and I guess among iPads, the the 3rd gen is the buggiest with sound. I recommend that if you can, to wait for the itrack dock. That has 2 in 2out, midi, and charges ipad. So more fore the money. I hope this helps,
Good Luck