The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The Working / Not working audio interfaces thread

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 am

In Auria, you can only name the project.

Rim

garyshell
Expert

Re: Any option to add ARTIST NAME, ALBUM NAME AND SONG NAME

Post by garyshell » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 pm

You really should start a separate thread to ask this. Otherwise no one will be able to find the answer later, and other folks who might know the answer but aren't looking at this thread won't be able to respond.

Gary
dennytom83 wrote:Dear Mr RIM,

is there any option in Auria to add the Song Name, Artist Name and Album Name?

Regards,
DENNY

Jkclay

Post by Jkclay » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 pm

I just now saw a post from last year asking about using a Behringer Xenyx USB mixer with Auria. It may be old news by now, but for anyone who wants to know, I just tried my Behringer Xenyx X1622 USB mixer plugged into my IPad through the Camera Connection kit, and it worked fine. It's only a stereo output, and they show up in the input matrix as separate mono inputs into track 1 and track 2 ( or any other you want to assign). I had been wondering if I could feed the live mix of my band from the Xenyx 1622 into Auria to get a good live recording, and it seems like it would work OK. Of course I'll have to have everything going through the main mix, and all levels right, cause there's no fixing it in a stereo recording, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, the aux bus does not go to the USB output, so I can't do a separate mix for the recording, and set the main mix for the house. I'm wondering if I could run the aux mix to the house and record the main mix. It would be a little odd, but maybe it would work. Thoughts?

DrApostropheX
Expert

Post by DrApostropheX » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:15 pm

I just picked up a Behringer Xenyx 302USB mixer and can confirm that with the CCK and a POWERED USB hub (a little Plugable 4-port hub in this case: http://plugable.com/products/usb2-hub4bc which conceivably could be used to charge the iPad too, though not while the CCK is connected of vourse), it does in fact work. It provides phantom power to a condenser mic and for what I paid for it, my only real complaint is that the main outs/headphone signal is a little noisy. But for a microphone preamp and something that'll let me listen on both headphones and monitors, it seems like it'll do the trick.

The Q502USB mixer looks like a much better deal (it's only $10 more than the 302), but its power supply is almost as big as the mixer itself -- not ideal for throwing into a bag along with the Plugable hub and the iPad.

vrdwarak

Mixers with Thunderbolt connectivity.

Post by vrdwarak » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello! I plan to use Auria for live gigs, and was wondering if there are any mixers with Thunderbolt Connectivity. Mackie DL 1608 still uses 30 pin connector according to their website. Does anyone use the iPad 4 on a regular basis for live gigs or anything else Pro Audio??? I am not going to buy iRig Pro because it is single channel. Given the thunderbolt connectivity and Auria, I am eagerly waiting for interfaces that offer at least 16 channels.

Thanks!!

pepe1125

Post by pepe1125 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 am

Scarlett 18i20 not working Wirth Auria in 96kHz mode :( why? :twisted:

hmobley

Post by hmobley » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Any reason why Zoom's H6 isn't listed as compatible with Auria and the Ipad? Seems to be working great for me and without the need of a powered USB Hub.

vrdwarak

Post by vrdwarak » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:35 pm

hmobley wrote:Any reason why Zoom's H6 isn't listed as compatible with Auria and the Ipad? Seems to be working great for me and without the need of a powered USB Hub.
Hey are you able to use 48V for external mics to the Zoom???

ItsTooLoud

Post by ItsTooLoud » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Somebody posted that the Yamaha Audiogram 6 doesn't work, but I just hooked mine up and it seems to work fine. I'm only using the outputs... I have pre-recorded backing tracks that I'm mixing live and playing through a PA system, and the Audiogram gives me the proper output levels for my other equipment. No comment on how the inputs work though.

derick

Post by derick » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:51 pm

The new X-usb cards in the Behringer X32 rack, core and producer now works without a powered usb hub

jodybet

Post by jodybet » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:43 am

The SPL Crimson works perfectly

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm

jodybet wrote:The SPL Crimson works perfectly
Haven't seen this before. Tell us more, is it good?

Dominic

peterjade

Post by peterjade » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:40 pm

ipad Air new OS 7.04, prosonus vsl1818, AURIA with ALL PLUGS
30 years experienced in ALL DAWS...I love AURIA ( Ipad AIR,4,3 processors do'nt...!)

Tricky Prosonus advertised "new update": NO hub needed with iPad'..WHAT A LIE ...SHAME....
NO WAY neither to find any USB HUB with lightning connector to get approved then....WORKING
previous OS7 ( also model for ipad old connector)with connect/ disconnect in use could use FAKE multicard memory with USB PORT
NOW ( OS7.0.4)it is rejected, worst : if using SampleTank ....it is permanently rejected...need uninstall... HELL

Auria Matrix Before OS7 could recognize midi and audio on old iPad 3 while Prosonus LOOSES easy USB synch...HELL,

NO PROBLEM with any iPad with Alesis I/o dock ( perfect midi, sync, Audio) but....2 channels only...HELL
HOW such a so serious professional (?) Auria Cannot TRY and GIVE serious advices for a REAL BOX MULTI I/0
HOW TO BE CONFIDENT...Does i need to buy them ALL ? My Bin Is full already from Prosonus 18x18 ....HATE
HOW PROSONUS and AURIA can FOOL customers...?
Better No advice at 500/900$ box to try....BE SERIOUS....

Doxastic

Camera Kit?

Post by Doxastic » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm trying to use 3 different devices: ElevenRack, Novation LaunchKey Mini and Korg nano Kontrol 2

I'm on the new 128 gb iPad mini.

When I go into Settings->Midi, I can see the device. So they're linking (theoretically). But I can't actually use them.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Will the camera kit work for these devices? Is there anyway I can get these working?

ajarnlance

Post by ajarnlance » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:11 am

Does anyone have experience using iRig with. Auria? I'm using it for my guitar with iPad air and I loose the sound all the time, especially if I try to go thru Jam up. Thanks.