Auria update?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria update?

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:57 pm

That's completely up to the developer. It's separate from the app version, so if they want that functionality in the plugin version, they have to write it and send it to us to include into Auria.

Rim

wayni
Expert

Post by wayni » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:55 am

martygras wrote:Hey wayni, I consider having the stand alone version of JamUp XT as a plus. It allows me to run Guitarism through JamUp using Audiobus. Otherwise you would be stuck using JamUp only through Auria. Although JamUp is directed at guitarists, you can run just about anything through it.
Yeah, I really think I'm better off with the standalone also, now that I think about it. While it would be nice to just use the plug in version while in Auria I would really want all of my effects to be there as well.

force76

Post by force76 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:37 am

Is there gonna be a fix that shows long filenames in the local and dropbox storage??

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 pm

I don't think that'll make it into this update. Just not enough time to do them all unfortunately.

Rim

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:50 pm

How about auto tune or melodyn manual pitch correction plugin. Also Slate Digital virtual mic system was just introduced. It would be fantastic if this could work with Auria. http://youtu.be/_rzzoFCm8qk

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:44 pm

jsol wrote:How about auto tune or melodyn manual pitch correction plugin. Also Slate Digital virtual mic system was just introduced. It would be fantastic if this could work with Auria. http://youtu.be/_rzzoFCm8qk
Graphical pitch correction would be awesome. But the slate thing is effective because of the partnership between hardware (mic and pre) and software (modelling plug in). Without the hardware, we'll most likely just get a reincarnation of that silly antares mic modelling plug-in back in the day.

Would it be possible to include the option of having the playhead aitomaticall jump back to a predefined point despite where it stops?

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Will the update include any more MIDI functionality.
A MIDI player that will synch with the audio tracks would be nice.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:52 pm

starfugger wrote:
jsol wrote:.

Would it be possible to include the option of having the playhead automatically jump back to a predefined point despite where it stops?
Great call. That would be a very useful feature
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:56 am

sodium wrote:
starfugger wrote:

Would it be possible to include the option of having the playhead automatically jump back to a predefined point despite where it stops?
If 'Auto Return' is enabled/ticked in Transport Options, the playhead will return to zero on tapping the stop transport button. It would be good, however, if it would return to the previous marker or locator (or zero, if there are none).

It might be useful to note that double-tapping the stop button causes a return to the Start Locator, if set.

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 am

Hi washboy. Im aware of the double tap function for the stop button. Was hoping for something like deselecting "insertion follows playback" option in PT, where the playhead jumps back to where it started after pressing stop.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 am

sodium wrote:
starfugger wrote:

If the cursor is manually set to a point in the track (or done with "go to marker" selection) then
auto return enabled the cursor does return to that point when stop is tapped once. I do like
the idea of "auto return to marker" but unless I'm missing something Auria does work that way very
useful for rapid take redos of small segments
best jp

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:45 am

Any possibility to have better IAA in this update???

And Midi Tracks....is too early???