auria and adat octamic 11's by rme

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stevencirile

auria and adat octamic 11's by rme

Post by stevencirile » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello Rim, (1st thanks for drumagog 64bit!) now.. Im seriously considering Auria on an Ipad Air (4?) Im a PC guy so this is a scary venture for me.
How can I use my already owned and expensive (2) units Octamic II's w/ Auria, I have access to another so I have 24 inputs which I understand Auria can handle at once tracking discreet tracks. Correct?
What is the approved and working interface that will allow me to use the mic pres on the octamic !!'s into auria? W/ Ipad Air. They have ADAT out and they have TRS Analog out x 8 on each unit.
Thanks in advance.
If not possible, which is better Apogee Quartet or Focusrite Scarlett 18iS? As they have adat in so at least I can use (1) of my octamics.
Big Queston of the day!! IS THERE A 24 IN W/ SOME MIC PRES..AND ABILITY TO EASILY HOOK UP 2 OR 3 ADAT X 8 INTERFACES ON THE WAY THAT ANYONE IS AWARE OF? ANYTHING SEEN AT NAMM?
So I also further understand I can capture tracks and (? easily) transfer the Session into Nuendo 6 on my PC?
Steven Cirile
Nuendo 6 PC i7 12 core
rme hammerfall as main studio setup.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: auria and adat octamic 11's by rme

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Steven,

Good to hear from you. Yes, there are a couple of interfaces out there:

Behringer X32 - 32 mic pres (Auria sees the first 24)
Antelope Orion - 32 inputs (no mic pres)

The scarlet 18i20 is also a good choice (but only 18 inputs)

Auria supports AAF, so you can import your Nuendo sessions that way.

Let me know if I can answer anything else!

Thanks,
Rim

stevencirile

Re: auria and interface questions

Post by stevencirile » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Rim,
Can the Scarlett 18i20 work properly and charge the Ipad Air?
Can the LR16 act as my AD/DA using Octamic 2's pres into Ipad Air w/ Auria seeing al 16 inputs?

I just discovered another product called the LR16 by Cymatic. I know its a recorder-BUT I wouldnt use that function of it except maybe as a redundant double record (if its able to do so) while tracking into auria, So I have (2) HQ RME Octamic 2's which have analog outs x 8 each trs-which would plug into the LR16 -which I understand to simply act as an AD/DA 16 channel converter at this point-USB into IPAD Air Via Apple Lightening Adapter and "Will Auria see all 16 pres?" on this device? Will this device in fact work as I intend w/ Ipad and Auria? Its Cheap 400 bucks.

I see focusrite 18i20 But cant seem to find any data on whether or not it can CHARGE my IPAD AIR same time as acting as interface and its also not on your list of units compatible w/ Auria/Ipad Air, for that matter either is the LR 16.
Need advice do not want to go down wrong path here. I like the idea of using my already owned 16 HQ RME pres which I know are far superior to Focusrites Scralett Series pre's..it may say focusrite but its aint the high end real stuff...
Steven J. Cirile
Anyone else w/ knowledge on this subject please chime in..

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi stevencirile,

None of our Scarlett interfaces will charge an iPad due to the fact that passing power along the USB cable in that direction could damage a computer when connected in the normal way.

We have made a product called iTrack Dock designed to charge a lightening version iPad while in use.

Also wanted to let you know you will find the exact same Mic Pres and A/D Converters on all our Scarlett and Saffire Interfaces. When you buy a lower priced Focusrite unit you will get fewer features, but never less audio quality. We pride ourselves in having 3dB more Dynamic Range than most other interfaces in the same price range, making for a more open sound.

Of course we do offer a higher end Mic Pre in analog or our RedNets and Forte's but I encourage you to give our Scarlett and Saffire units a listen. Many top studio guys record with these Pre's all the time!

Please let me know if I can help you further.

Best regards.
Katherine Kaplan // Focusrite Technical Support

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/

stevencirile

Re: drumagog 64 bit bfd 3 no show up

Post by stevencirile » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:08 am

Rim
How come in plugins even when I point to bfd3 folder I can't get it to show up and or load to be used with drumagog latest version?
Steven Cirile

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi Steven,

Please email Chris or Matt directly: info@drumagog.com.

Thanks,
Rim